Sign in with
Your question

Secondary Monitor recommendations?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 20, 2006 2:31:06 AM

I use a 17" CRT for gaming, and would like to have a LCD for 2nd monitor (walkthrough, clock, and office/work/internet), here are my questions:

(my 17" CRT uses 1280x960 or 1152x864 in desktops)

1) If I would like to have both screen to have similar size for like, title bar for windows [does not have to be identical, but it may look weird having it sized up when there isn't sizing involved], what sizing should I be looking for?(15"/17"/19"/widescreen or not)

2) Any brand/model out of the sizing for 1)? [I don't suppose response time is THAT important in my case]
December 20, 2006 11:47:39 PM

Quote:
I use a 17" CRT for gaming, and would like to have a LCD for 2nd monitor (walkthrough, clock, and office/work/internet), here are my questions:

(my 17" CRT uses 1280x960 or 1152x864 in desktops)

1) If I would like to have both screen to have similar size for like, title bar for windows [does not have to be identical, but it may look weird having it sized up when there isn't sizing involved], what sizing should I be looking for?(15"/17"/19"/widescreen or not)

2) Any brand/model out of the sizing for 1)? [I don't suppose response time is THAT important in my case]

1) Well I have dual 19"s and they have native of 1280x1024. It depends on what the LCD says for a native res.

2) If you're just displaying "walkthrough, clock, and office/work/internet" then it really doesn't matter. Response time won't matter, colors/whites/blacks won't matter because you're not watching movies. Hanns G and Westinghouse sell cheapo LCDs. Also you can get Spectre. If this is what this monitor is really going to be used for. Personally, I would get those, but I run dual vx922s...

BTW, they don't ghost. :wink:
!