How can I transfer my movies from laptop onto television?

Ras

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003

Dear friends,

Can you help me out to determine how can I connect my laptop onto my
television so that I could play any CD/ DVD in my laptop and watch it
onto my television.

I tried connecting 4 pin S-video / scart cable without success. the
S-video out in my laptop is a 7-pin socket. But people at computer
shops have told me that they have been able to connect laptop with
4-pin s-video cable.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
RAS

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-transfer-movies-laptop-television-ftopict552626.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1752210

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

You can get a lead that's 7-pin S-Video on one end and 4-pin on the other.
Connect the 7-pin end to the laptop and the 4-pin end to the cable.

Jon

"RAS" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Dear friends,
>
> Can you help me out to determine how can I connect my laptop onto my
> television so that I could play any CD/ DVD in my laptop and watch it
> onto my television.
>
> I tried connecting 4 pin S-video / scart cable without success. the
> S-video out in my laptop is a 7-pin socket. But people at computer
> shops have told me that they have been able to connect laptop with
> 4-pin s-video cable.
>
> Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> RAS

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-transfer-movies-laptop-television-ftopict552626.html

Apart from the physical connection, you need to go to the Display
Control Panel applet, navigate a little there, and enable the S-video
output.

Do some investigation there.

RAS <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

>Dear friends,
>
>Can you help me out to determine how can I connect my laptop onto my
>television so that I could play any CD/ DVD in my laptop and watch it
>onto my television.
>
>I tried connecting 4 pin S-video / scart cable without success. the
>S-video out in my laptop is a 7-pin socket. But people at computer
>shops have told me that they have been able to connect laptop with
>4-pin s-video cable.
>
>Do you have any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>RAS

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

RAS wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> Can you help me out to determine how can I connect my laptop onto my
> television so that I could play any CD/ DVD in my laptop and watch it
> onto my television.
>
> I tried connecting 4 pin S-video / scart cable without success. the
> S-video out in my laptop is a 7-pin socket. But people at computer
> shops have told me that they have been able to connect laptop with
> 4-pin s-video cable.
>
> Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> RAS

YES MATE, YOU NEED TO BUY A TV TUNER WHICH IS AN ADAPTOP THAT CONNECTS
TO YOUR LAPTOP ALLOWING YOU TO PLUG A 4 PIN SCART LEAD INTO THE ADAPTOP.