Where are WinXP Security Updates on my PC?

a b 8 Security
July 3, 2005 4:56:06 AM

Hi all,
I did a clean install of WinXP Professional SP2 on my PC, and then did a
windows update. It installed 20 some Windows security updates. I can not
find them in ADD/Remove pgms though! Where did they go on my PC??? Shudn't
they show up in add/remove pgms?

Tnx.
Sincerely,
Cin

More about : winxp security updates

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 3, 2005 12:13:39 PM

Hi,

At the top of the Add/Remove dialog, check the box to "show updates".

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"cutie_pyie" <cutiepyie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I did a clean install of WinXP Professional SP2 on my PC, and then did a
> windows update. It installed 20 some Windows security updates. I can not
> find them in ADD/Remove pgms though! Where did they go on my PC???
> Shudn't
> they show up in add/remove pgms?
>
> Tnx.
> Sincerely,
> Cin
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 3, 2005 6:10:33 PM

Click to select the Show Updates check box.

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part 6:
Computer Maintenance:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/m...

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

"cutie_pyie" <cutiepyie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I did a clean install of WinXP Professional SP2 on my PC, and then did a
> windows update. It installed 20 some Windows security updates. I can not
> find them in ADD/Remove pgms though! Where did they go on my PC???
> Shudn't
> they show up in add/remove pgms?
>
> Tnx.
> Sincerely,
> Cin
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 5, 2005 12:15:05 AM

cutie_pyie wrote:
> Hi all,
> I did a clean install of WinXP Professional SP2 on my PC, and then did a
> windows update. It installed 20 some Windows security updates. I can not
> find them in ADD/Remove pgms though! Where did they go on my PC??? Shudn't
> they show up in add/remove pgms?
>
> Tnx.
> Sincerely,
> Cin

YEH BUT MAKESURE YOU HAVE CHECKED THE BOX WITHIM APPWIZ.CPL THAT SAYS
SHOW UPDATES.
!