Where are WinXP Security Updates on my PC?

Hi all,
I did a clean install of WinXP Professional SP2 on my PC, and then did a
windows update. It installed 20 some Windows security updates. I can not
find them in ADD/Remove pgms though! Where did they go on my PC??? Shudn't
they show up in add/remove pgms?

Tnx.
Sincerely,
Cin
3 answers Last reply
More about where winxp security updates

    Hi,

    At the top of the Add/Remove dialog, check the box to "show updates".

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "cutie_pyie" <cutiepyie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I did a clean install of WinXP Professional SP2 on my PC, and then did a
    > windows update. It installed 20 some Windows security updates. I can not
    > find them in ADD/Remove pgms though! Where did they go on my PC???
    > Shudn't
    > they show up in add/remove pgms?
    >
    > Tnx.
    > Sincerely,
    > Cin

    Click to select the Show Updates check box.

    Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part 6:
    Computer Maintenance:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2maint.mspx

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    cutie_pyie wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I did a clean install of WinXP Professional SP2 on my PC, and then did a
    > windows update. It installed 20 some Windows security updates. I can not
    > find them in ADD/Remove pgms though! Where did they go on my PC??? Shudn't
    > they show up in add/remove pgms?
    >
    > Tnx.
    > Sincerely,
    > Cin

    YEH BUT MAKESURE YOU HAVE CHECKED THE BOX WITHIM APPWIZ.CPL THAT SAYS
    SHOW UPDATES.

Security Windows Security Windows Update Microsoft Clean Install Windows XP