TV Out not compatible with projector?

LhouseSOC

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2004
Hey guys, I bought a new computer and installed an GF Mx440 graphics card with S-video output. I needed to use it's dual monitor support to put images up on a wall while controlling my program from my monitor. Nothing big right? Well here is the screwy part. When I run the SV to a TV with SV input it works and shows in color. Also, when I run a SV signal to my projector from a different source, a DVD player, it shows in color. But when I hook the two "working" pieces together, it shows a very clear and defined picture from my projector, but it will only be in black and white. I have talked to all the manufactures at length, taken all the products back to the people that I bought them from and no one can give me any answers. They all say the same thing, that everything works, they just don't work together. The projector brand that I bought is a toshiba. Has any had this problem? Please tell me it is a simple settings option that I am missing. If not, is this a common problem? Should I buy a new graphics card, or projector, or computer or what? Any info or opinions would be very appreciated. thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That sounds like an NTSC/PAL standards mismatch. What country are you from?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>