hkcmd.exe

July 3, 2005 5:47:12 AM

Anyone know if this is an important startup item?

I would like to remove it from my startup.

More about : hkcmd exe

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 2:58:26 PM

Greetings,

QUOTE from www.liutilities.com

"Process File: hkcmd or hkcmd.exe
Process Name: Intel Hotkey"

"hkcmd.exe is installed alongside Intel multimedia devices and allows
configuration and diagnostic options for these devices. This program is
non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be
terminated unless suspected to be causing problems."

"Author: Intel Corporation
Part Of: Intel Hotkey

System Process: No
Background Process: Yes
Uses Network: No
Hardware Related: Yes
Common Errors: N/A
Memory Usage: N/A "

By the looks of it, it's an INTEL releated software of one of your hardware
devices.

--
Best of Luck,
Jose Francisco

"Ron" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know if this is an important startup item?
>
> I would like to remove it from my startup.

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 6:28:18 PM

Ron,

From where does it load?

hkcmd.exe is installed by the Intel chipset graphic drivers.

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/process...
http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/hkcmd.exe.htm...
http://castlecops.com/s1408-hkcmd_exe.html

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

"Ron" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know if this is an important startup item?
>
> I would like to remove it from my startup.
July 3, 2005 6:56:23 PM

Hi Ron,
If you want the Ctrl+Alt+F12 or similar keypresses to access Intel's
customised graphics properties, you need it, otherwise not. Can be
disabled via the Display Properties in Control Panel.

Do some reading here:-
http://tinyurl.com/9kydy

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Ron wrote:

> Anyone know if this is an important startup item?
>
> I would like to remove it from my startup.

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:26:01 AM

Ron wrote:
> Anyone know if this is an important startup item?
>
> I would like to remove it from my startup.

MY GUESS IS YOU HAVE AN INTEL KEYBOARD WITH HOTKEYS. RIGHT? ANYWAY,
HKCMD IS THE STARTUP ITEM FOR THE HOTKEY FUNCTIONS, SOOO...UNLESS YOU DO
NOT WANT THE HOTKEYS TO WORK, I WOULD NOT REMOVE OR UNCHECK THE STARTUP
ITEM.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:26:02 AM

Intel doesn't make keyboards.

That hkcmd.exe file is for hotkey combinations for its graphics card (to
rotate the screen, access display settings etc). It can be disabled within
the Intel Graphics card advanced properties.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

news:o R8QW5MgFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...