Dell 30" or Samsung 24" - need help deciding

icewolf69

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Hey all, i'm building a high end PC here pretty soon ( http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/High-end-game-system-critique-opinions-ftopict214288.html ) and i need some help on the monitor.

I'm planning on running 8800 GTX's and a Samsung 24". The only problem is, i think SLI GTX's would maybe be too much for a 24". i would *like* to upgrade to a 30", but i haven't heard that many good things about the Dell 3007 WFP, not to mention the specs aren't as good as the Samsung.

Samsung will be releasing a 30", but it's not out yet, and i haven't heard of a release date either. Not to mention It'll be close to $2K.

So here's my question: what is everyone's opinions and experiences on the Dell 3007, and is there a better choice for a 30" than the dell? (i don't want the apple, at all)

Thank you

tyr86

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2005
Dual monitors will NOT work with SLI. So if you're willing to give up SLI or disable a monitor while in SLI mode, that would work.

Last I heard, the 30" Dell was one of the nicest at its size.

I do not know much about anything that big because it is way beyond my budget range.