can't ftp after installing sp2

I can no longer send files using ie6 or ftp software after installing sp2.
Can anyone please help me?

thanx

Ted
5 answers Last reply
More about installing

    Found out that win xp sp2 firewall is barring the connection to remote ftp
    servers and works when is turned off. How can I keep the frewall and config
    xp to connect to ftp servers?

    Thanx

    "Ted Wilson" wrote:

    > I can no longer send files using ie6 or ftp software after installing sp2.
    > Can anyone please help me?
    >
    > thanx
    >
    > Ted

    Download and install Sygate, www.sygate.com and get yourself a real firewall
    and disable Microsoft's piss poor excuse for one.

    Alias

    "Ted Wilson" <TedWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

    > Found out that win xp sp2 firewall is barring the connection to remote ftp
    > servers and works when is turned off. How can I keep the frewall and
    > config
    > xp to connect to ftp servers?
    >
    > Thanx
    >

    > "Ted Wilson" wrote:
    >
    >> I can no longer send files using ie6 or ftp software after installing
    >> sp2.
    >> Can anyone please help me?
    >>
    >> thanx
    >>
    >> Ted

    From his spyware and virus infected Windoze box, Alias had this to say:

    > Download and install Sygate, www.sygate.com and get yourself a real
    > firewall and disable Microsoft's piss poor excuse for one.
    >
    > Alias

    That wasn't his question. Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Is
    there no way to open up the XP firewall to allow something as simple as
    access to remote ftp servers? Surely there is.

    --
    Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
    "A must-have for your Toy Operating System"

    "NoStop" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
    > From his spyware and virus infected Windoze box, Alias had this to say:
    >
    >> Download and install Sygate, www.sygate.com and get yourself a real
    >> firewall and disable Microsoft's piss poor excuse for one.
    >>
    >> Alias
    >>
    > That wasn't his question.

    So? My response, nonetheless, was what the OP needs.

    > Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

    No.

    > Is
    > there no way to open up the XP firewall to allow something as simple as
    > access to remote ftp servers? Surely there is.

    I wouldn't know. I only use real firewalls, not wannabe ones.

    Oh, and fu*k off.

    Alias

    >> "Ted Wilson" <TedWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    >>
    >>> Found out that win xp sp2 firewall is barring the connection to remote
    >>> ftp servers and works when is turned off. How can I keep the frewall and
    >>> config
    >>> xp to connect to ftp servers?
    >>>
    >>> Thanx

    > --
    > Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
    > "A must-have for your Toy Operating System"

    From his spyware and virus infected Windoze box, Alias had this to say:

    > "NoStop" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
    >> From his spyware and virus infected Windoze box, Alias had this to say:
    >>
    >>> Download and install Sygate, www.sygate.com and get yourself a real
    >>> firewall and disable Microsoft's piss poor excuse for one.
    >>>
    >>> Alias
    >>>
    >> That wasn't his question.
    >
    > So? My response, nonetheless, was what the OP needs.
    >
    >> Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
    >
    > No.
    >
    >> Is
    >> there no way to open up the XP firewall to allow something as simple as
    >> access to remote ftp servers? Surely there is.
    >
    > I wouldn't know. I only use real firewalls, not wannabe ones.

    Does your firewall block your internal IP address? Go here and then let me
    know ...

    http://www.testmyfirewall.com/

    > Oh, and fu*k off.
    >
    > Alias
    >>

    >>> "Ted Wilson" <TedWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

    >> --
    >> Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    >> "A must-have for your Toy Operating System"

    --
    Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
    "A must-have for your Toy Operating System"

FTP Microsoft Software Windows XP