can't ftp after installing sp2

July 3, 2005 7:01:02 AM

I can no longer send files using ie6 or ftp software after installing sp2.
Can anyone please help me?

thanx

Ted

More about : ftp installing sp2

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 7:12:01 AM

Found out that win xp sp2 firewall is barring the connection to remote ftp
servers and works when is turned off. How can I keep the frewall and config
xp to connect to ftp servers?

Thanx

"Ted Wilson" wrote:

> I can no longer send files using ie6 or ftp software after installing sp2.
> Can anyone please help me?
>
> thanx
>
> Ted
July 3, 2005 4:33:15 PM

Download and install Sygate, www.sygate.com and get yourself a real firewall
and disable Microsoft's piss poor excuse for one.

Alias

"Ted Wilson" <TedWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Found out that win xp sp2 firewall is barring the connection to remote ftp
> servers and works when is turned off. How can I keep the frewall and
> config
> xp to connect to ftp servers?
>
> Thanx
>

> "Ted Wilson" wrote:
>
>> I can no longer send files using ie6 or ftp software after installing
>> sp2.
>> Can anyone please help me?
>>
>> thanx
>>
>> Ted
July 3, 2005 7:20:10 PM

From his spyware and virus infected Windoze box, Alias had this to say:

> Download and install Sygate, www.sygate.com and get yourself a real
> firewall and disable Microsoft's piss poor excuse for one.
>
> Alias

That wasn't his question. Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Is
there no way to open up the XP firewall to allow something as simple as
access to remote ftp servers? Surely there is.

--
Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

"NoStop" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
> From his spyware and virus infected Windoze box, Alias had this to say:
>
>> Download and install Sygate, www.sygate.com and get yourself a real
>> firewall and disable Microsoft's piss poor excuse for one.
>>
>> Alias
>>
> That wasn't his question.

So? My response, nonetheless, was what the OP needs.

> Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

No.

> Is
> there no way to open up the XP firewall to allow something as simple as
> access to remote ftp servers? Surely there is.

I wouldn't know. I only use real firewalls, not wannabe ones.

Oh, and fu*k off.

Alias

>> "Ted Wilson" <TedWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>
>>> Found out that win xp sp2 firewall is barring the connection to remote
>>> ftp servers and works when is turned off. How can I keep the frewall and
>>> config
>>> xp to connect to ftp servers?
>>>
>>> Thanx

> --
> Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...
> "A must-have for your Toy Operating System"

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 10:04:33 PM

From his spyware and virus infected Windoze box, Alias had this to say:

> "NoStop" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
>> From his spyware and virus infected Windoze box, Alias had this to say:
>>
>>> Download and install Sygate, www.sygate.com and get yourself a real
>>> firewall and disable Microsoft's piss poor excuse for one.
>>>
>>> Alias
>>>
>> That wasn't his question.
>
> So? My response, nonetheless, was what the OP needs.
>
>> Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
>
> No.
>
>> Is
>> there no way to open up the XP firewall to allow something as simple as
>> access to remote ftp servers? Surely there is.
>
> I wouldn't know. I only use real firewalls, not wannabe ones.

Does your firewall block your internal IP address? Go here and then let me
know ...

http://www.testmyfirewall.com/

!