Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Reinstall OEM W7 on SSD drive

Last response: in Windows 7
September 2, 2012 10:20:47 AM

my question is simple,i have installed windows 7 OEM on a 3.5 sata hard drive,if i add a SSD hard drive to my system can i use my OEM copy of windows without any issues???
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2012 10:34:36 AM

You should not have an issue. the OEM license it tied to the motherboard not the HDD.
If you do get activation issues then there is a phone activation number to call. Most issues are sorted with no issues.
I know a lot of people who have done what you are proposing with no issues and further more I have not personally known anyone who did not get a reactivation from the phone number IF the on-line fails.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
September 2, 2012 10:43:48 AM

ok,thank you for your assistance
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 401 $ Windows 7
September 2, 2012 2:16:24 PM

OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Microsoft.com ^
September 9, 2012 1:09:59 AM

Best answer selected by mrclownface.
m
l
!