Solved

Reinstall OEM W7 on SSD drive

my question is simple,i have installed windows 7 OEM on a 3.5 sata hard drive,if i add a SSD hard drive to my system can i use my OEM copy of windows without any issues???
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about reinstall drive
  1. You should not have an issue. the OEM license it tied to the motherboard not the HDD.
    If you do get activation issues then there is a phone activation number to call. Most issues are sorted with no issues.
    I know a lot of people who have done what you are proposing with no issues and further more I have not personally known anyone who did not get a reactivation from the phone number IF the on-line fails.

Mactronix :)
  2. ok,thank you for your assistance
  3. Best answer
    OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Microsoft.com ^
  4. Best answer selected by mrclownface.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Hard Drives OEM Windows 7