finding registry keys

Is there any way to find all of the registry keys installed by a purticular
3rd party software in windows xp.as i am just curious to know how some trial
version software do not work even after unistalling and deleting registry
keys related to it and then re- installing it.thanx for the help in advance

tippu wrote:
> Is there any way to find all of the registry keys installed by a
> purticular 3rd party software in windows xp.as i am just curious to
> know how some trial version software do not work even after
> unistalling and deleting registry keys related to it and then re-
> installing it.thanx for the help in advance

There is no easy way to accomplish this with an installed program since
registry keys may have obscure names that have nothing to do with the name
of the actual program.

The only way to do this would be to use a third party program that monitors
the installation of programs and logs every change made to the system by the
installation.

Total Uninstall 3:
http://www.martau.com/tu.php

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org/

It doesn't work that way. The encryption & timer mechanisms
are not simple Registry keys you can remove and then obtain
another trial period. Even a System Restore back to a point
prior to installation may not meet your expectations. There are
programs that can track installation changes (Software & the
Registry) but I have no 1st-Hand experience if this gets around
time controlled software restrictions.

"tippu" <tippu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to find all of the registry keys installed by a
> purticular
> 3rd party software in windows xp.as i am just curious to know how some
> trial
> version software do not work even after unistalling and deleting registry
> keys related to it and then re- installing it.thanx for the help in
> advance

thanx for the reply ...

tippu wrote:

> Is there any way to find all of the registry keys installed by a purticular
> 3rd party software in windows xp.as i am just curious to know how some trial
> version software do not work even after unistalling and deleting registry
> keys related to it and then re- installing it.thanx for the help in advance

Use the Find function in Regedit to search for the name of the software.
It will find them one at a time.

Steve

Steve N. wrote:

> tippu wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to find all of the registry keys installed by a
>> purticular 3rd party software in windows xp.as i am just curious to
>> know how some trial version software do not work even after
>> unistalling and deleting registry keys related to it and then re-
>> installing it.thanx for the help in advance
>

> Use the Find function in Regedit to search for the name of the software.
> It will find them one at a time.
>
> Steve

Sorry, I misread the OP. McCarty and Ronnie are correct.

Steve

"tippu" <tippu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to find all of the registry keys installed by a
> purticular
> 3rd party software in windows xp.as i am just curious to know how some
> trial
> version software do not work even after unistalling and deleting registry
> keys related to it and then re- installing it.thanx for the help in
> advance

That is assuming it uses a registry key. There are other techniques like
writing a small hidden file onto your machine, sometimes an unmoveable file-
there are lots of ways to stop people from not actually buying the software
they find useful- which leads to if you do wish to continue using the
software why not register it and reward the writer for producing something
you seem to want to use? Encourage these guys, don't rob them.