Eden Studios is putting out a paper & dice version of the ..

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

From http://edenstudios.net/coh/COHPressRelease.pdf

EDEN STUDIOS, NCSOFT AND CRYPTIC STUDIOS
POWER UP THE CITY OF HEROES ROLEPLAYING GAME

ALBANY, New York, March 14, 2005 – Eden Studios announces today an
agreement with Cryptic Studios™ and NCsoft® Corporation for the design
and production of the City of Heroes® table-top roleplaying game (RPG),
based on the wildly popular comic book inspired massively multiplayer
online roleplaying computer game by the same name. City of Heroes
(http://www.cityofheroes.com) computer game released last year to
critical acclaim and continues to garner awards for its groundbreaking
innovation. The highly anticipated player-versus-player sequel, City of
Villains™ is due for release later this year.

“We are very excited about getting the opportunity to produce this
super-powered game,” George Vasilakos, President of Eden Studios,
announced. “We worked with Jack Emmert, City of Heroes lead designer, on
our first roleplaying game, Conspiracy X. His imagination and
storytelling have always been tremendous. He and his City of Heroes team
have created a rocking good game that has been chewing up most of our
free time for over a year now. We plan to translate that experience to
the table-top while adding the richness of face-to-face roleplaying.”

“I started my game production career in paper-and-pencil roleplaying,”
added Emmert. “It’s a great medium for storytelling and a boat load of
fun. I’ve worked with the guys at Eden Studios in the past, and they’ve
only gotten better since then with quality licensed games like Buffy the
Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Army of Darkness. Their games are great and
their production values are second to none. This is a wonderful addition
to the City of
Heroes franchise.”

The City of Heroes roleplaying table-top game will use a special version
of CJ Carella’s Unisystem, Eden's inhouse roleplaying game rules, that
captures the highlights of the online experience yet remains compatible
with other Unisystem games. Players take the role of super-powered heroes
with a full array of power choices. They take the fight to numerous
villains, including Circle of Thorns mages, Council thugs, Clockwork
robots, Vahzilok zombies, and others popularized in the online game.

The Registration Manual core book will be authored by Eden insider M.
Alexander Jurkat, editor of the majority of Eden’s Unisystem game books,
designer of the Army of Darkness card game, and author of GURPS
Conspiracy X. The core book will be followed by the Paragon City source
book, the Monitor’s Support Pack, the Super-powered Operative’s Dossier
and other supplements.

More information is coming soon to www.cohrpg.com.

Eden Studios makes cool games. Their latest offering, the Army of
Darkness non-collectible card game sold through the first print run in
four months. Their licensed roleplaying games, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
and Angel, received delighted gamers when released in 2002 and 2003, and
continue to be strong sellers. All Flesh Must Be Eaten, the zombie
survivor horror roleplaying game shambles across roleplayers’ tables
world-wide. Eden also produces CJ Carella's WitchCraft, the roleplaying
game of dark secrets and magic, Conspiracy X, the roleplaying game of
aliens and government cover-ups, Terra Primate, the roleplaying game of
intelligent apes, and Armageddon, the roleplaying game of war and the end
of days. On the lighter side, Eden Studios offers HACK!, a humorous card
game based on the Knights of the Dinner TableTM comic book by Kenzer and
Company, and Abduction, the fast and furious card game of alien
abduction. Check out all the Eden Studios products at
www.edenstudios.net.

About Cryptic Studios
Cryptic Studios, Inc., located in Los Gatos, California, was established
in July of 2000 and is an independent developer of massively multiplayer
online games for the PC and next generation consoles. Its first game,
City of Heroes, launched in April 2004. The game takes place in a virtual
world where thousands of people play simultaneously, take on the role of
super-powered heroes, fight villains and help create a dynamic story in a
visually-stunning, 3-D graphical world.

About NCsoft North America
NCsoft - North America (NC-NA) is headquartered in Austin, Texas and is
part of Korea-based NCsoft Corporation. NC-NA, with development and
administrative offices in Texas and California, launched two
ground-breaking titles in the first half of 2004, Lineage® II and City of
Heroes. The company also works with NCsoft subsidiaries and third party
developers throughout North America to develop and publish innovative
online entertainment software products. More information about
NCsoft – North America can be found at http://www.PlayNC.com.

NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, Lineage and all associated NCsoft logos
and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft
Corporation. City of
Heroes and City of Villains are trademarks or registered trademarks of
Cryptic Studios, Inc. and NCsoft Corporation. Cryptic Studios is a
trademark of Cryptic
Studios, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective
owners.

--
________
-----\ ^__^

Asterisk

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

I wish someone would adapt Freedom Force, the other computer superhero
game, to a new or pre-existing system.

Asterisk

Asterisk@webtv.net wrote:
> I wish someone would adapt Freedom Force, the other computer superhero
> game, to a new or pre-existing system.

Ah man, I'd so buy that.
Silver Age Sentinnels goes for that feel, but Mutants and
Masterminds likley succeeds better.

<Asterisk@webtv.net> wrote in message
I wish someone would adapt Freedom Force, the other computer superhero
game, to a new or pre-existing system.

Asterisk

----
I'm surprised Mutants and Masterminds/Green Ronin hasn't snatched it up.
Although rumor what it is, they were seeming to producing a tabletop rpg for
FF.
Not sure where it stands, but it was mentioned briefly as a possibility on
their forums.

(oh and H&S--in editing ;) )

TRENDING THREADS