can't install service pack 2

after downloading, message reads "Unable to read from or write to the
database". Norton antivirus is disabled, Spybot only runs when I scan (I
assume).

Also, after unsuccessful install, there is a file in Windows folder
\$NtService Pack Uninstall$\spunist. This won't delete.

cfrom wrote:

> after downloading, message reads "Unable to read from or write to the
> database". Norton antivirus is disabled, Spybot only runs when I scan (I
> assume).
Hi,

See if this helps:

Go to
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2

Look for fixdb.bat under "Error 0x800710D9 Unable to read from
or write to the database". Download and run it.

Then try to install SP2 again.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#1

--