system restore

i think i may have a corrupted file - when i try to do a system restore i get
an error messege telling me that there is a problem with "wswitch.exe" and i
can't do a system restore. can anybody shed any light on this problem please

Malke

Spoons wrote:

> i think i may have a corrupted file - when i try to do a system
> restore i get an error messege telling me that there is a problem with
> "wswitch.exe" and i can't do a system restore. can anybody shed any
> light on this problem please

Googling for "wswitch.exe" brings up quite a few links that indicate
this is a Packard Bell file and not a native XP file. Do you have a
Packard Bell laptop? Are you trying to do a Windows XP System Restore
or trying to restore your computer to factory condition? If the latter,
contact the computer mftr.'s tech support for help with their
proprietary restore process.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell