Sign in with
Your question
Closed

HP dv9000 battery & 4gig ram

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 17, 2009 1:58:14 PM

Hi,
I have a hp dv9000 that i had custom built when i bought it from hp. at the time i did this, hp had two things i could choose from: 4 gig ram and a larger cell battery. needless to say, i did not pick either. now, the battery is DEAD, has been for almost a year. I went to hp site to buy the bigger cell battery and its not there. I found one at brilliant store web site, and it says its for my laptop and its 12 cell. my son insists i not buy it, as he thinks it will fry my motherboard.
ok, so why does hp not have the larger cell battery anymores? is my son right?
this darn battery i got with the laptop never has held a charge for very long. its been dead for months.
can I buy the 12 cell and not fry up my laptop? or do i have to buy another battery like i have? (8 cell i think)

Another thing. I got 4gig of ram for my laptop for cmas (from my son). BUT, no matter what he tried, my laptop only recognizes 3 gig. Its' ok, I can still run Paint shop and such, but 4gig would of been nice, especially since i have 4 gig in there!!!

Thanks,
suzy
a b D Laptop
March 17, 2009 3:45:01 PM

HP has a large commodity of parts for your notebook. It's actually quite unlikely that they don't have your battery in stock - the dv9k was in use by HP for a long time. I suggest you try a chat with them to find out where you can purchase one.

As for the 3GB RAM limit, it looks as though you have a 32-bit OS installed. Your computer cannot recognize greater than 4GB of RAM until you install 64-bit OS.
March 31, 2009 2:18:59 PM

Make sure how long the hp battery has been used, if longer than 1.5 year ,maybe dead and get a new one.
Related resources
May 21, 2009 6:20:19 AM

As the others have said. The ram needs a 64 btit os, and the battery is fine.
September 18, 2010 3:15:14 AM

whatever you decide to buy, there will be some shoddy goods which is pretty low. Almost all of the products are in good conditon, so you can trust to purchase.

If you need a new 12-cell HP Pavilion dv9000 battery, you may go to http://www.aubatteries.com.au/laptop-batteries/hp-pavil...

Though this is a shopping site in Australia, you can select almost address all over the world in the shopping cart.
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
June 12, 2011 2:47:09 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!