Getting Icon into Task Bar

Mike

Splendid

Hi,

Using WIN XP w/ latest upgrades.

Suddenly there is no icon for the Sound Volume in my task bar. I went
to Control Panel and selected SOUNDS, (etc), and clicked on the line
that puts SNDVOL into task bar. It would NOT accept it..error message:
Cannot put Snd Vol on Task Bar because it is not installed.

SO, first I deleted the drivers via add/remove, and also manually from
my "C" drive's Program Files. I then restarted.

Using the Drivers Disk, I reinstalled the Sound Drivers. I restarted.

Still no icon. Went to Control Pane, then SOUNDS, checked that same
box---same error message!

Help, somebody???

Mike

you may try:-

Insert the XP CD in the CD-ROM drive then go to Start>Run and type in:
EXPAND -R X:\I386\powrprof.dl_ C:\Windows\System32>press the Enter Key/ok.

Next Go to Start>Run and type in: regsvr32 stobject.dll>press the Enter
key/ok.

you may try the direct registry edit also:-

Restore Volume and Net Icon to Notification Area (Line 320)

regards,
ssg MS-MVP