artifacts, video corruption, when booting

conan48

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2001
I just received a new Leadtek Geforce 6800 and When I boot with the card, I get massive artifacts and video corruption with lines and pixels everywhere. This corruption stays on the whole time even when I'm in windows. I've never been able to boot the card without this problem. The first time I tried to boot with the card I got no display whatsoever. I've had a few error messages in the device manager for this card: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19)

Also got a message code 10 This device cannot start.

I've tried removing old drivers and reinstalling and nothing seems to work.

Can anyone please help with this problem

conan48

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2001
My previous card was the Radeon 9800 pro, and now I'm using a friends Geforce 4200 untill I can get this problem fixed. There is no embedded card in the board and all the settings in the bios are correct.

heylookitsjerry

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2002
I've been having the same type of video corruption from startup. The video quality seems to progressively be getting worse as I use my computer.

I've tested two different monitors, one CRT and one LCD, both giving the same results. I've also just recently upgraded the processor, ram, and new CD-ROMs. (I'll post all my parts at the bottom.) Also, I added a VGA cooler on my 9800 pro.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Jerry

2600+ Barton /w Thermaltake Volcano 7+
A7n8x Deluxe Rev. 2.0
1GB 3200 Corsair XMS 2-3-3-6
9800 Pro

etienne2001

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
My first guess is that some of the ram on the video card is defective. I've seen this kind of problem happening after one of my friend overclocked his video card.

Etienne