ATI HDTV Wonder Compatibility with NVIDIA

Polarorbit

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2004
I committed the sin of buying a new product the week it was released. I have the ATI HDTV Wonder and cannot make the DTV tuner work with either of my NVIDIA graphics cards - FX5200 and 4600TI. The HDTV Wonder is supposed to work with any DirectX 9 card. ATI has been worthless in providing support. They don't even have the card in most of their drop down lists for support. It is almost like the card does not exist - which would be fine if I still had my $200. Any ideas? Running under XP with DirectX 9.0C, from the ATI link. AMD 2500+, 1 gigof ram and plenty of disk.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'll ask them for a review sample and see if I can reproduce your problem for a review. That should get the ball rolling!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Polarorbit

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2004
Thanks, that would be great if you could do a test on this product! I really wanted it to work, so I took off early from work today to come home and call ATI customer support. I had to do this since they are not open on weekends and close at 6:00 PM CST during the week. As it turns out, their customer support line is an international call to Canada! I waited 20 minutes (timed it on my phone) to get a person who took 5 minutes to tell me I needed a technician and that it would be about 30 minutes until the technician would get to me since I was 4th in his queue. As you can see, this is looking like almost an hour before I even get to the tech - at international daytime rates, thank you ATI. My other fear was that it would be 6:00 before he got to me and I would just end up getting disconnected...which has happened before with other tech support lines.

I did not want to throw in the towel, but I did. I called their toll free sales number and got and RMA to send the card back for refund. The only easy part about this was getting the RMA to send it back. Sigh.