Sign in with
Your question

Computer hangs during installation

Last response: in Windows 7
September 2, 2012 6:35:36 PM

Hey guys, I have a Toshiba L505-L5007 laptop and a while back the audio went out on it. After days of trying to find the problem to no avail, I was advised to try a complete factory restore because the person thought it was an OS issue. Well, now I try to restore it to factory settings but the OS hangs at the configuration screen on the 5th reboot. Is there something that I might have overlooked? I've tried scouring the internet for people with the same problems, but I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem. I've also tried upgrading the BIOS in case there was a problem there keeping Windows 7 from installing. Right now the laptop will come on, and only runs well in any of the safe modes, if I try to boot it normally it'll try to finish the installation and freeze. Thanks!
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2012 6:43:19 PM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS ...Hirens cd etc...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2012 6:43:24 PM

In order to guarantee that a factory restore is successful, the hardware must be EXACTLY as it was when it left the factory. You might be able to get away with added RAM but I've run in to many restore scripts that will fail if anything is different.
m
l
September 2, 2012 6:44:35 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
In order to guarantee that a factory restore is successful, the hardware must be EXACTLY as it was when it left the factory. You might be able to get away with added RAM but I've run in to many restore scripts that will fail if anything is different.

Unless something went out, I haven't changed any of the hardware on it.
m
l
!