New MOBO too slow to Boot

Cambeses

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Hello All:

I recently added a new HDD-WD-2T. After some challenges, my MOBO and Bios did not recognize the new HDD. I replaced the MOBO with a new MOBO, ASUS 5G41T-MLX. I had previously downloaded and installed Win7 on the new HDD. When I installed the new MOBO, it took and takes about 7 minutes to boot. I have reset the CR2R pins (clear the CMOD), replaced the battery and reinstalled Win-7 on another old IDE HDD. Still, the cold boot takes about 7 minutes to bring me to the ASUS page and a few seconds Win-7 starts. The W@in 7 startup and shut downs are normal. From Restart, it boots up real quick. BTW, the new MOBO takes a new RASM chips, two cards with 2GB each. I even removed one card with the same result. This is a 32 bit system and can't handle more than 3 GB of RAM. By removing one RAM card, that overrules it as well.

Since the HDD is new, there we can rule out too many programs, viruses or other software issues. Does anyone know why the new boot up takes about 7 minutes?

Thanks.

it could be your running older bios. look in your bios for the mb rev or use cpu-z. then go to asus web page for your mb and see if there are any updates. the other issue is when you install windows 7 on a system it not going to have all the drivers it needs to run right. you need to install first the intel chipset drivers from intel. the one on the mb cd are old. then you have to update your sound and network chipset drivers. the last drivers are for the video card. if it was a missing driver for the mb and video card the boot speed should get better. if it still slow check your ide settings in the bios.

The sooner you replace the motherboard, the faster you can get back to computing.
Gigabyte or Intel, for sure.

But you should not be downloading win 7. You should use a disk. Your internet connection may be screwing it up.