Help on user ASPNET account? can i delete it.

Tags:
  • Framework
  • Security
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
July 3, 2005 5:16:02 PM

When I installed a security updates on .Net Framework 1.1(kb886903) software
using windows update, it created a user account name ASPNET and i know that
i have .Net Framework 1.1 installed previously but i don't have the user
ASPNET before, but when i installed the security updates on .Net Framework
1.1(kb886903) it created the user ASPNET account.

Can i delete the user account ASPNET? will it cause any problem at all if i
delete it?

More about : user aspnet account delete

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 3, 2005 7:31:31 PM

What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

The Welcome to Windows screen appears when you start Windows XP
after you install the .NET Framework 1.1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"typeLL" wrote:

| When I installed a security updates on .Net Framework 1.1(kb886903) software
| using windows update, it created a user account name ASPNET and i know that
| i have .Net Framework 1.1 installed previously but i don't have the user
| ASPNET before, but when i installed the security updates on .Net Framework
| 1.1(kb886903) it created the user ASPNET account.
|
| Can i delete the user account ASPNET? will it cause any problem at all if i
| delete it?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 4, 2005 1:27:01 AM

Hi

Please have a look a the following article:

"What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php
--

Will Denny