michelle

I was trying to install a new game, after hitting install I am getting this
error message:
C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft applications.

Any help is welcome
Michelle

In news:30649C63-D53D-4892-82E3-889C67B217FE@microsoft.com,
Michelle <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I was trying to install a new game, after hitting install I am
> getting this error message:
> C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not
> suitable for
> running MS-DOS and Microsoft applications.

This can be a couple of things:

1. The combination of the Avast anti-virus program and XP SP2:

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=8PCdnSzBqtmadsPcRVn-gQ%40comcast.com

2.
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=5f6f139.0409140618.749324fe%40posting.google.co

Also read here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

Please reply to the newsgroup

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

How to Troubleshoot 16-Bit Windows Programs in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314495

How to use the Program Compatibility Wizard in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Michelle" wrote:

| I was trying to install a new game, after hitting install I am getting this
| error message:
| C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for
| running MS-DOS and Microsoft applications.
|
| Any help is welcome
| Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Have a look at the information here, provided courtesy of Kelly Theriot:

MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was trying to install a new game, after hitting install I am getting
this
> error message:
> C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for
> running MS-DOS and Microsoft applications.
>
> Any help is welcome
> Michelle

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
program"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

--

Will Denny