Windows update

July 3, 2005 5:58:03 PM

When viewing windows update history found that KB888113 failed with a error
code of Ox80070003 which i could not find.Contacted MS and they told me that
i had a corrupted folder and to rename folder SoftwareDistribution to SDold
after that i could no longer view my updated history.Belarc Advisor says all
my updates are installed.Re e-mailed MS but no answer.Any ideas

More about : windows update

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:47:48 PM

BAD1 wrote:
> When viewing windows update history found that KB888113 failed with a
> error code of Ox80070003 which i could not find.Contacted MS and they
> told me that i had a corrupted folder and to rename folder
> SoftwareDistribution to SDold after that i could no longer view my
> updated history.Belarc Advisor says all my updates are installed.Re
> e-mailed MS but no answer.Any ideas

Stop relying on MS and it's technological means to patch up your system,
and take responsibility for updating yourself.

http://microscum.com/comsense/

--
Peace!
Kurt

Are you logged in using a account with Administrator access (if applicable)?

Disable your anti virus.

Try Step 15 of the Windows Update Checklist:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updtcl.htm

Download and save the update:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05...
Reboot the computer
Disable all unnecessary programs including anti virus.
Install update by double clicking the icon.
Follow prompts to install then reboot.

If you are still having problems, follow the Windows Update Checklist
referenced above.:

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"BAD1" <BAD1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When viewing windows update history found that KB888113 failed with a
> error
> code of Ox80070003 which i could not find.Contacted MS and they told me
> that
> i had a corrupted folder and to rename folder SoftwareDistribution to
> SDold
> after that i could no longer view my updated history.Belarc Advisor says
> all
> my updates are installed.Re e-mailed MS but no answer.Any ideas
July 5, 2005 12:35:14 AM

BAD1 wrote:
> When viewing windows update history found that KB888113 failed with a error
> code of Ox80070003 which i could not find.Contacted MS and they told me that
> i had a corrupted folder and to rename folder SoftwareDistribution to SDold
> after that i could no longer view my updated history.Belarc Advisor says all
> my updates are installed.Re e-mailed MS but no answer.Any ideas

I CNT LOCATE ANY INFO ON THT ERROR CODE. THAT UPDATE JUST HELPS STOP
PEOPLE HACKERS FROM TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR PC. IF YOU HAVE NORTON
INTERNET SECURITY INSTALLED I WOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT NOT INSTALLING IT. I
THING NEARLY ALL XP USERS WILL AGREE WITH ME WHEN I SAY 'NORTON INET
SECURITY IS BETTER THAN ANY XP UPDATE YOU CAN INSTALL'
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:35:15 AM

Robert.
I would not agree.
Most Critical Updates should be installed regardless of the other measures
taken to protect the computer.
The updates are part of the layered protections of your computer.
With proper research it can sometimes be determined not to install a
specific update but I doubt you will find many that agree with "NORTON INET
SECURITY IS BETTER THAN ANY XP UPDATE YOU CAN INSTALL"
At the very least, the use of the phrase "IS BETTER THAN ANY" makes the
statement false.

Also, please do not use ALL CAPS in newsgroups.
ALL CAPS is considered shouting and rude.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

!