Aureal, Where can i get?

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Where can I find these cards? Also, What is there best card/Newest of them. I hear soem Tutrtle beach cards use the same chipsets. Thanks

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I saw them on ebay when was wondering about one for myself.

PS: no one has their chipsets, creative bought da thing and have all the good pattents on their own hands (I wonder how stupid you have to be not to take good stuff you paid money for and not implement it into proffit:(

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Is there anything (nesides a creative product) that can give better performance in games and music/dvd movies? I realy dont want to go creative.

wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
performance wize Creative is very good, muzic just good, DVD is awesome. So cheap Creative is good choice, why you are so no go with Creative, did they bite your pie?

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I have the Audigy 5.1 (first one) and its ok. How much better is the ZS anyhow? Sound quality better? I also have creative speakers that I am dissapointed with.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hehehe, why oh why oh why did you go Creative in the first place;)

Anyway, what you have is fine, going from ZS to pre ZS is like going from V6-3L to V6-3.009L, lol (that is an estimate, different participants may experience different persepshion:)

PS: i still have MS SS-80 2.1 (with MX300) and nothing (I mean NOTHING) can beat it in sound quality coming out of those little "Microsoft" setlelites ;)

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I guess it realy come down to the speakers then. Im going to get me some Klipsch ultras. heard there some sweet speakers. They look cool too. My room is 10x12 ft. small and these 70W speakers do the job. Now for some 500W ones! Also the bass on this sub hit as low as 45hz and Klipsch gets much lower. Cant wait to rock the room. I wish overkill was my middle name lol. The quality of the ultras is what I am looking for too.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Aureal made the SQ2500, which was a great card. I had 2 versions of it, the one with Digital Coaxial and the one with Digital Optical connections. Sweeter sound you'll never hear than an SQ2500 with the HARDWARE equalizer set specifically to your speakers!

But alas, 2001 was the end for Aureal. Creative bought them for the sole purpose of SEALING the technology. They'll never use it, never develop on it, never release new drivers. Aureal was on the virge of pushing Creative OUT of the high-end soundcard market, and Creative used shear money to put them out of business. Creative HATED Aureal, FEARED Aureal, so you can see why the did what they did. Illegally by the way.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
That realy blows. Anyways, mabie I can find one somewhere. Its a shame that good technology will never be used. Did the card come in a 5.1 varrient?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It came before 5.1 availability. So the center channel isn't present.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
AWWW!!! :(

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You don't need no stinking center channel :smile:

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
But... But... But... Its less than 5 channels "crys". Ill lose a 60W speaker! NOOO!