Hi!

Unfortuntely my http service does not start any more. this means that i can
still download mail, access ICQ or Skype, but i canncot view web pages.
Doing a repair installation also did not help.

I am using Win XP SP2. The problme occured after installing a new software
firewall. Uninstalling this firewall did not solve the problem.

Does anyone have clue about what I can do. A new system set-up is not really
an option for me right now.

Alex

It sounds as if you cannot connect to HTTP sites vrs the HTTP service itself
causing an issue.

Try these items:

Check your IEXPLORER tools > inet options> connections tab > LAN settings,
and see if there is anything set to use a proxy. If so remove these sttings.

Have you tried system rollback? Its a system tool.

whats the ipconfig looklike?

"AlexWa" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Unfortuntely my http service does not start any more. this means that i can
> still download mail, access ICQ or Skype, but i canncot view web pages.
> Doing a repair installation also did not help.
>
> I am using Win XP SP2. The problme occured after installing a new software
> firewall. Uninstalling this firewall did not solve the problem.
>
> Does anyone have clue about what I can do. A new system set-up is not really
> an option for me right now.
>
> Alex

Thank you very much!!!! The software firewall must have somehow made an entry
to the proxy settings.