Installation of Adobe 7.0 and photoshop disables printer

Jo

I reloaded all the system software on my pc (XP home; hp PAVILION XT155).
Then I installed my printer HP K60 all in one. It worked fine until I
installed Adobe 7.0 and photoshop. Now, it's lost the communication with the
printer.
Of course, I could find nothing on the Adobe sight.
Any ideas ?

Malke

jo wrote:

> I reloaded all the system software on my pc (XP home; hp PAVILION
> XT155).
> Then I installed my printer HP K60 all in one. It worked fine until
> installed Adobe 7.0 and photoshop. Now, it's lost the communication
> with the printer.
> Of course, I could find nothing on the Adobe sight.
> Any ideas ?

Contact Adobe tech support. If they can't help, contact HP tech support.
We have Photoshop 7 on machines and several HP printers (although not
that particular model) and have never experienced any problems. That
isn't meant to invalidate your experience; however, this isn't a
Windows problem. I think I'd start with HP.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

This may fall into the blatantly obvious category but judging from the post
it's hard to tell what exactly your problem is....
Adobe Acrobat creates a "virtual printer" which allows you to "print"
directly to a pdf file, which may have been inadvertently set as your
default printer. Check to ensure that you are actually sending print jobs
to your printer.

"jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I reloaded all the system software on my pc (XP home; hp PAVILION
XT155).
> Then I installed my printer HP K60 all in one. It worked fine until I
> installed Adobe 7.0 and photoshop. Now, it's lost the communication with
the
> printer.
> Of course, I could find nothing on the Adobe sight.
> Any ideas ?

"jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I reloaded all the system software on my pc (XP home; hp PAVILION XT155).
> Then I installed my printer HP K60 all in one. It worked fine until I
> installed Adobe 7.0 and photoshop. Now, it's lost the communication with
> the
> printer.
> Of course, I could find nothing on the Adobe sight.
> Any ideas ?

Have you tried reinstalling your printer driver?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=59273&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-6105-3