Imedia 1402

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Hi
Does anyone know how to boot into Safe mode on the Imedia 1402. I'ved tried
F8 at boot up but it just takes me to a 'boot from HDD', 'boot from DVDRam'
or 'boot from recovery'.

I'm trying to remove software from startup which is freezing the PC before
windows fully loads and I imagine that getting into safe mode will allow me
to remove the offending software.

TIA

George

"George" <replytogroup@group.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Does anyone know how to boot into Safe mode on the Imedia 1402. I'ved
> tried F8 at boot up but it just takes me to a 'boot from HDD', 'boot from
> DVDRam' or 'boot from recovery'.
>
> I'm trying to remove software from startup which is freezing the PC before
> windows fully loads and I imagine that getting into safe mode will allow
> me to remove the offending software.
>
> TIA
>
> George

hi

windows XP yeah?

go to start

then to run and type

msconfig

click on the BOOT.INI tab

and check the box that says

/SAFEBOOT

restart u will boot in safe mode

to come out of booting in safe mode do the same but uncheck the /safeboot
option

if your trying to remove software from starting though in msconfig

just go to the startup tab and uncheck it from the list then there is no
need to go into safe mode

however if you are totally removing spyware or something then its safer to
do it with safe mode

HTH

christo

George wrote:
> Hi
> Does anyone know how to boot into Safe mode on the Imedia 1402. I'ved
tried
> F8 at boot up but it just takes me to a 'boot from HDD', 'boot from
DVDRam'
> or 'boot from recovery'.
>
> I'm trying to remove software from startup which is freezing the PC
before
> windows fully loads and I imagine that getting into safe mode will
allow me
> to remove the offending software.
>
> TIA
>
> George

F5 just befor the windows boot screen will get you into safe mode with
Windows XP.

Hey,
I had the same problem with not knowing how to boot into safe mode but I finally found it :D

THIS IS FOR WINDOWS 7

Just keep pressing F5 during the POST, then when the screen comes up press F8 and choose Safe Mode.

Hope this helps :)