Windows explorer crashes.

July 4, 2005 12:24:14 AM

Many times when I am opening a large folder of JPG files windows explorer
crashes. Task manager goes to 100 percent and I get a message that it has to
close. Any help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:35:20 AM

Open Control Panel>Administrative tools>Event viewer.
Look there if you get any clue.
Delete temporary internet files.scan your system with latest virus
definitioned antivirus.As well as with latest versions of Spybot,search
and destroy,CWShredder,Adaware.Run them in safe mode.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

anon wrote:

> Many times when I am opening a large folder of JPG files windows explorer
> crashes. Task manager goes to 100 percent and I get a message that it has to
> close. Any help would be appreciated.

July 14, 2005 8:51:03 AM

I had the same problem for some time and it always happened with some, but
not all, folders with graphics files. After running anti-ad and anti-spyware,
go to Irfanview.com and download the latest free viewer. In my case all of my
graphics files were associated with Photoshop and I had a little Photoshop
icon to the left of all my graphic filenames. It would take a very long time
to open my files and during the process that is when Explorer would crash and
display a well known and familiar error mesage. The moment I associated all
of my files with Irfanview, the icons all turned into the little red
character immediately and all functions in Windows Explorer were usable
including the Slide Show, etc. I hope this helps.
--
Archangel

!