GMAIL DRIVE gud or bad??

July 3, 2005 11:27:00 PM

what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???

More about : gmail drive gud bad

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 11:27:01 PM

"khaliqzaman" <khaliqzaman@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
> using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???

This is not a chat group.

You are dealing with intelligent people here who are used to reading
questions posted in
English, using standard format and punctuation.

If you want to get any support here, pleas post your question in a manner
which will not insult those you intend to read it.

Bobby
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 11:45:31 PM

How to Make a Good Newsgroup Post
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"khaliqzaman" wrote:

| what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
| using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???
July 4, 2005 1:39:01 AM

khaliqzaman wrote:
> what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
> using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???

Depends on what you are looking for..
In your case - it might be useful.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

khaliqzaman wrote:
> what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
> using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???

You know what this says about you? It says "I'm an idiot". I am now
automatically plonking anyone who posts in 'text-talk' (aka 'SMS-speak')
because I just cannot be bothered to figure out what they're attempting to
say and, as Bobby said, it shows /you/ to be ignorant and insults those
from whom you are expecting assistance.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:42:40 AM

Why don't you read some reviews on Gmail drive?Google is your friend.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

khaliqzaman wrote:

> what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
> using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 9:43:14 PM

khaliqzaman wrote:

> what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
> using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???

be dud forsee it too gud to say what

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
Anonymous

In news:42c9bada$0$90621$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com,
Plato <|@|.|> typed:

> khaliqzaman wrote:
>>
>> what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
>> using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???
>
> be dud forsee it too gud to say what

LOL!

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 11:28:05 PM

so what the hell u guys want from the person who is questioning.
this is my second question in this forum and in second time too, you
guyz are saying see this post, that conduct, that rule.......
i mean what is the problem here with you guys.

in my first question i asked that i have one folder/file of name
WINFILE in my each hard disk partition and i do not know whats that
all about. i mean when i delete that file/folder, it again comes in
my partitions..

so what is wrong and what bad in asking that question?????

and once again in this post when i am asking that GMAIL drive is good
or bad for Win Xp, you all started shouting. come on i can not
understand what is wrong in asking that question???????
and i think its related with winXp.
i simply can't understand why you guys started giving me the conduct
and all that stuffs links???? what is un-ethical in it??? and for
what i have to refer to these conducts????
and i dont know by asking that question, who am i insulting????
July 4, 2005 11:28:06 PM

khaliqzaman wrote:

> so what the hell u guys want from the person who is questioning.

(snip impossible to read post)

If English is not your native language, then you will have a better
chance of getting accurate answers in a newsgroup that is just for your
own language. Here is a link with all the MS newsgroups so you can find
the right one:

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Otherwise, please post in proper English with full sentences, correct
punctuation, and paragraphs. The point of posting in a technical
newsgroup is to get answers to questions you have. In order to do this,
you need to communicate your questions, along with all pertinent
details, effectively. You are not doing so successfully at this time.
Go here for help in making good newsgroup posts:

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

These comments are not meant to make you feel bad; they are made to help
you maximize your chances of getting answers.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

In news:Q7KdnXw6C5-ISVTfRVn_vg@giganews.com,
khaliqzaman <khaliqzaman@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> typed:

> so what the hell u guys want from the person who is
> questioning.
> this is my second question in this forum and in second time
> too, you
> guyz are saying see this post, that conduct, that rule.......
> i mean what is the problem here with you guys.

The problem is not with "u guys," and it has nothing to do with
"this post, that conduct, that rule." The problem is that when
you write "what do u say abt Gmail Drive??? using it as a drive
is gud or bad por XP???" nobody knows what you mean, or is
willing to try to guess. If you're looking for help and you want
to be understood, you should want to make it as easy as possible
for those trying to help you. You've done the opposite--made it
as difficult as possible. Please write in standard English, with
standard spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, etc.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> in my first question i asked that i have one folder/file of
> name
> WINFILE in my each hard disk partition and i do not know whats
> that
> all about. i mean when i delete that file/folder, it again
> comes in
> my partitions..
>

> so what is wrong and what bad in asking that question?????
>
> and once again in this post when i am asking that GMAIL drive
> is good
> or bad for Win Xp, you all started shouting. come on i can not
> understand what is wrong in asking that question???????
> and i think its related with winXp.
> i simply can't understand why you guys started giving me the
> conduct
> and all that stuffs links???? what is un-ethical in it??? and
> for
> what i have to refer to these conducts????
> and i dont know by asking that question, who am i insulting????
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:05:03 AM

khaliqzaman wrote:
> so what the hell u guys want from the person who is questioning.
> this is my second question in this forum and in second time too, you
> guyz are saying see this post, that conduct, that rule.......
> i mean what is the problem here with you guys.
>
> in my first question i asked that i have one folder/file of name
> WINFILE in my each hard disk partition and i do not know whats that
> all about. i mean when i delete that file/folder, it again comes in
> my partitions..
>

> so what is wrong and what bad in asking that question?????
>
> and once again in this post when i am asking that GMAIL drive is good
> or bad for Win Xp, you all started shouting. come on i can not
> understand what is wrong in asking that question???????
> and i think its related with winXp.
> i simply can't understand why you guys started giving me the conduct
> and all that stuffs links???? what is un-ethical in it??? and for
> what i have to refer to these conducts????
> and i dont know by asking that question, who am i insulting????

Now?
No one.
You typed it out in semi-proper English.

Your original post in this thread had:

"what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???"

This is not an instant messenger nor are you likely to be posting to the
newsgroups from your PDA/Cellular phone. There is no need to abbreviate
things ("u" for "you", "abt" for "about", "gud" for "good" and were you
speaking Spanish with the "por" or was that a typo?) You still have an
obsession with certain strange things (like "guyz" instead of "guys") - but
overall - it is toned down.

Essentially - when people volunteer to answer questions, they like to know
that the person they are replying to will not only be able to comprehend
what they are about to present to them - but has made some effort to obtain
the answer on their own. It's not that we expect everyone to know
everything - but a little effort goes a long way with most of us in these
newsgroups. If you show some effort with proper grammar, careful phrasing
of the question(s), details where necessary and decent subject lines - most
are more likely to stop and read your post and attempt to help you. If you
do not show care in the simplest of things (posting your request for
assistance) then it is easy for us to assume you will show just as little
care with whatever information we give to you in reply to your post. See
the part under my signature for a better idea..

Anyway - your first question seems to be centered around a folder you have
found and cannot get rid of called "WINFILE", correct? That's a new one on
me.. Have you tried just renaming it? What Operating System do you have
and service pack level? And are you patched and firewalled? Have you
checked your running processes? Have you scanned through your startup
lists? Have you scanned for viruses/trojans/worms with an antivirus
software OTHER THAN the one you have installed on your system? Have you
scanned for spyware/adware/malware with three or more reliable AntiSpyware
scanners? When was the last time you performed a CHKDSK on the system?

Your second concerns the GMail Drive Shell Extension.. You want to know if
it is good or bad. We have no idea what would be good or what would be bad
for you. You can only use it for files 10MB or smaller (or you could split
your files into 10MB chunks, I suppose.) Total filename size must be less
than 40 characters. Otherwise - you have 2GB of space to put files with the
click of a mouse.. Even though you could have emailed them to your GMAIL
account and gotten the same result - just not the nice Windows-fied
interface.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

>in my first question i asked that i have one folder/file of name
>WINFILE in my each hard disk partition and i do not know whats that
>all about. i mean when i delete that file/folder, it again comes in
>my partitions..

You are using Winfile.exe instead of Windows Explorer. Change it back.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"khaliqzaman" <khaliqzaman@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> so what the hell u guys want from the person who is questioning.
> this is my second question in this forum and in second time too, you
> guyz are saying see this post, that conduct, that rule.......
> i mean what is the problem here with you guys.
>
> in my first question i asked that i have one folder/file of name
> WINFILE in my each hard disk partition and i do not know whats that
> all about. i mean when i delete that file/folder, it again comes in
> my partitions..
>

> so what is wrong and what bad in asking that question?????
>
> and once again in this post when i am asking that GMAIL drive is good
> or bad for Win Xp, you all started shouting. come on i can not
> understand what is wrong in asking that question???????
> and i think its related with winXp.
> i simply can't understand why you guys started giving me the conduct
> and all that stuffs links???? what is un-ethical in it??? and for
> what i have to refer to these conducts????
> and i dont know by asking that question, who am i insulting????

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 7:47:50 AM

> khaliqzaman wrote:
>> what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
>> using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???
>
> You know what this says about you? It says "I'm an idiot". I am now
> automatically plonking anyone who posts in 'text-talk' (aka 'SMS-speak')
> because I just cannot be bothered to figure out what they're attempting to
> say and, as Bobby said, it shows /you/ to be ignorant and insults those
> from whom you are expecting assistance.

English may not be the OP's language. por XP would hint at espanol.
July 5, 2005 11:42:48 AM

> You are using Winfile.exe instead of Windows Explorer. Change it back.

And what's WRONG with using Winfile? A lot of people consider it superior to
Windows Explorer.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 3:27:18 PM

Ok
So i got it now. Thanks alot for correcting me :D  . Well i was not
knowing that which type of english i should use in professional
forums.
Ok coming back to my problem, i am now clear with Gmail Drive
Extension.
But the problem of Winfile is still bothering me.

> You are using Winfile.exe instead of Windows Explorer. Change it
back.

It is true that i do not use windows explorer for navigating My
Computer. I simply Click on MY Computer and access my drives from
there. How i can change it back to windows explorer??

> Anyway - your first question seems to be centered around a folder
you have
> found and cannot get rid of called "WINFILE", correct? That's a new
one on
> me.. Have you tried just renaming it?

I renamed it, and it was renamed. but after few seconds new WINFILE
Folder again came back. i deleted that renamed folder, and it didn't
come back. So basically WINFILE folder exist in my partitions with
its original name.

> What Operating System do you have
> and service pack level?

I use Windows Xp professional. But seriously i do not have any idea of
Service Pack. Instead, i think i do not have any Service Pack. Please
tell me what is service Pack?

> And are you patched and firewalled

I use LAN. And i am sure we are not firewalled. About patched, i
haven't installed any patches for windowsXP.

> Have you scanned through your startup
> lists?

yes i have checked startup, there isn't any Winfile Folder to
execute.

> Have you
> scanned for spyware/adware/malware with three or more reliable
AntiSpyware
> scanners?

yes i have checked my system with three reliable spyware/adware, but
it could not identify Winfile as a addware or spyware.

> When was the last time you performed a CHKDSK on the system?

I hope CHKDSK is scan disk which windows perform when computer is not
shutdown properly, isn't it?
If that is CHKDSK than i did it yesterday.

but the problem is still there. The Winfile folder is still there.

Waiting For Response.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:12:48 PM

khaliqzaman wrote:
> so what the hell u guys want from the person who is questioning.
> this is my second question in this forum and in second time too, you
> guyz are saying see this post, that conduct, that rule.......
> i mean what is the problem here with you guys.
>
> in my first question i asked that i have one folder/file of name
> WINFILE in my each hard disk partition and i do not know whats that
> all about. i mean when i delete that file/folder, it again comes in
> my partitions..
>

> so what is wrong and what bad in asking that question?????
>
> and once again in this post when i am asking that GMAIL drive is good
> or bad for Win Xp, you all started shouting. come on i can not
> understand what is wrong in asking that question???????
> and i think its related with winXp.
> i simply can't understand why you guys started giving me the conduct
> and all that stuffs links???? what is un-ethical in it??? and for
> what i have to refer to these conducts????
> and i dont know by asking that question, who am i insulting????

Is English a second or third language for you? If so, may I
suggest that you try posting your question in a news group dedicated
to your native language? I say this not to insult or offend, but
rather to point out that you're not likely to get much help, if no one
can understand what you're saying.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you start by reposting in standard English,
complete with paragraphs, sentences, capital letters where
appropriate, and punctuation. As it is, your post is quite
undecipherable: some of the the words used are from the English
language, but are almost completely meaningless as currently
assembled.

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:51:40 PM

BBUNNY wrote:
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>> khaliqzaman wrote:
>>> what do u say abt Gmail Drive???
>>> using it as a drive is gud or bad por XP???
>>
>> You know what this says about you? It says "I'm an idiot". I am now
>> automatically plonking anyone who posts in 'text-talk' (aka
>> 'SMS-speak') because I just cannot be bothered to figure out what
>> they're attempting to say and, as Bobby said, it shows /you/ to be
>> ignorant and insults those from whom you are expecting assistance.
>
> English may not be the OP's language. por XP would hint at espanol.

The Whois trace says it is and that's a typo...
July 7, 2005 2:52:52 AM

Nothing is wrong with it. The OP was wondering why it was being listed. So
if it bothers him, I suggested to change it back.

--

"Gordon" <gordon@gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

>> You are using Winfile.exe instead of Windows Explorer. Change it back.
>>

> And what's WRONG with using Winfile? A lot of people consider it superior
> to Windows Explorer.

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 3:51:39 AM

> BBUNNY wrote:
> > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> You know what this says about you? It says "I'm an idiot". I am now
> >> automatically plonking anyone who posts in 'text-talk' (aka
> >> 'SMS-speak') because I just cannot be bothered to figure out what
> >> they're attempting to say and, as Bobby said, it shows /you/ to be
> >> ignorant and insults those from whom you are expecting assistance.
> >
> > English may not be the OP's language. por XP would hint at espanol.
>
> The Whois trace says it is and that's a typo...

A "whois trace" can tell you what the native language of a poster is?
That's quite interesting....care to demonstrate how that works? I just
thought it could show you what country an IP originates from, which has
nothing to do with the language the user speaks. If you do a trace on my IP
you will see that I live in Canada. So....what is my native language? In
Canada we have two official languages (english/french) although not everyone
is fluent in both. We are also a very multi-cultural country so we have
many immigrants who's native language is neither and have yet to be fluent
in english or french.

What is wrong with people in this group?! I have participated in the
Windows 2000 group for years and never saw the newsgroup/MS nazi's on such a
scale as here in the XP group. If you don't like someone's post, just
ignore it. If you do feel like you have to criticize, you can at least do
it constuctively, like others have done in this thread.
!