Hero 5th: Foci that take time to put on?

lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

All,

Are there any extra limitations for a focus that takes additional time
to put on (say, power armor), or is that factored into the cost of
having an Obvious Inaccessible Focus? I'm thinking that a Jetpack is an
OIF, but is less inconvenient to don and to remove than a suit of power
armor, which might take several minutes to put on by yourself (tho only
a turn for a foe to remove, so as to not abuse the normal limits of
taking a focus from a foe).

I just didnt know if the "hassle" of taking a whole minute to suit up
made OIF worth more than just -1/2, or it thats just part of the points
you get in that -1/2 already, or if the book states it somewhere (I
have 5th edition revised) specifically or what?

Thanks,

Lewis

On 14 Aug 2005 01:01:20 -0700, lewis@lwb.org wrote:

>All,
>
>Are there any extra limitations for a focus that takes additional time
>to put on (say, power armor), or is that factored into the cost of
>having an Obvious Inaccessible Focus?

<shrug> Given that the armor isn't any slower to put on than any
other superhero costume really you are supposed to ignore that
problem.

Ed

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

>>Are there any extra limitations for a focus that takes additional time
>>to put on (say, power armor), or is that factored into the cost of
>>having an Obvious Inaccessible Focus?
>
> <shrug> Given that the armor isn't any slower to put on than any
> other superhero costume really you are supposed to ignore that
> problem.

The "Real Armour" limitation might be a good way to represent what you
want. It's used to represent armour that must be maintained and cared for.
Easy enough to add on a rider that it also takes time to put on.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

Use the rule of thumb: A disadvantage that isn't a disadvantage
shouldn't give you any points.

IE, in play is the PC ever going to be inconvenienced by having
to put the gadget on? If so, give them points. If not, don't.