Cybertron Over-Ride for Champions

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes,alt.toys.transformers (More info?)

This one is neat, if somewhat confusing because they changed his/her
gender when they brought the character to the US.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mathewignash/csoverrideii.html

--

Override II for Champions (250+135)

"Speed is justice." - Override II

Real name: Override II
Other known aliases: GC-10, Nitro Convoy
Occupation: Sonic Commander
Current group affiliation: Autobots
Rank: 10
Past group affiliations: None
Major enemies: Decepticons
First appearance: Transformers: Galaxy Force 1.05.
Origin:
turns into a Speed Planet racing car.

Characteristics

53 STR 18
18 DEX 24
23 CON 26
15 BODY 0
18 INT 8
16 EGO 12
25 PRE 15
10 COM 0
14 PD 8
13 ED 8
4 SPD 12
12 REC 2
46 END 0
42 STUN 1
Characteristics Cost: 134

Powers and Skills

3 1" Change Environment,Desc: Headlights,OIF(-1/2) 0
10 EC (10),"Transformer powers"
29a) 13/13 Armor
27b) 5 LVLS Growth (stats already included),Always On(-1/2),0 END
Persistent(+1) 0
33c) 6 1/2D6 RKA,"Mach Shot",OAF(-1),7-8 Charges(-1/2),No
Knockback(-1/4) 0
33d) 22" Running,1/2 END(+1/4) 2
7e) Shape Shift,"Car",Concentrate(-1/4),Cannot change form if
takes over half Body.(-1/4),0 END Persistent(+1) 0
19 Life Support,doesn't breathe,safe in vacuum/pressure,safe in
heat/cold,immune to aging
3 Radio XMIT/REC,OIF(-1/2)
8 +2" Running,"Wheels",x8 Non-Combat,has turn mode,OIF(-1/2),
Linked(-1/2),"to Shape Shift.",1/2 END(+1/4) 0
8 +10" Running,"Nitro Boost",has turn mode,OIF(-1/2),Linked
(-1/2),"to Shape Shift.",4 Charges(-1/4),continuing,
duration: 1 minute 0
13 53 STR,1/2 END(+1/4) 0
3 Acrobatics 13-
9 Combat Driving 16-
30 6 Levels: with laser, punch and dodge.,related group
5 Mechanics 12-
3 Navigation 11-
3 PS: Racer 13-,(INT based)
3 Streetwise 14-
2 WF,Small Arms
Powers Cost: 251

Disadvantages

Base Points: 250
15 Accidental Chg,"to robot form if stunned.",common,occur 11-
20 DNPC,"Humans in need of saving.",incompetent,appear 11-
10 Distinctive,"Giant Robot",easily concealable,major
15 Hunted,"By anti-Autobot forces.",as powerful,harsh,appear
11-
5 Physical Lim,"No hands in vehicle mode.",infrequently,
slightly
15 Psych Lim,"Protective of friends.",common,strong
15 Psych Lim,"Competative",common,strong
15 Psych Lim,"Code vs. killing humans.",common,strong
5 Rep,"Heroic alien robot.",occur 8-
10 Rivalry,"with other fast Autobots.",professional,PC rival
10 Watched,"By Autobot leaders.",more powerful,non-combat
influence,mild,appear 11-
Disadvantages Total: 135

Experience Spent: 0
Total Points: 385

Explanation of the conversion: This conversion is based on a
combination of Galaxy Force Nitro Convoy and Cybertron Override. I used
highest of either's Tech Specs and watched the television series to add
details.

History: Long-time champion and leader of the Speed Planet, Override II
is always ready for a race. Acceleration is her only ideal, but she
respects anyone with the guts to challenge her. She's faced and beaten
thousands of upstart speedsters in her time. Though at first suspicious
of the intentions Hot Shot II and the Autobots have for her world's
Cyber Planet Key, Override II is only too glad to help once she
realizes what's at stake.

Trivia: Strangly besides changing the name Nitro Convoy to Override II
when they brought it to the U.S.A., they also decided to make the
character female. Override II shouldn't be confused with the original
Override, a Triggerbot who turned into a motorcycle.

Powers: Override II is built for speed. She was the fastest, most
skilled racer on the Speed Planet. Strong, tough, resourceful, she
excells in anything she puts her mind to. Force Chip Ignition adds a
special Mach Shot laser weapon to her arsenal in either mode. Has an
average crusing speed of over 270mph. In vehicle mode can activate a
Nitro Boost to increase her speed to over 380mph for short periods of
time.

Weaknesses: Override II cared little for the concepts of good and evil,
she only saw people as winner and looser, although she has started to
change because of her association with the Autobots. She is still very
competative. Override II cannot fly.

--

Mathew

Nevermore

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Mathew wrote:
> This one is neat, if somewhat confusing because they changed his/her
> gender when they brought the character to the US.

What makes you think it was Hasbro who changed the gender of Nitro
Convoy, and not Takara backing out of the original plan of portraying
her as a female, while Hasbro chose to stick to the original idea?

--
The ultimate Binaltech/Alternators resource page
http://www.binalternators.de/

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes,alt.toys.transformers (More info?)

Um, you've asked this before and what the heck are you talking about?
Unless you have any information otherwise, wasn't Galaxy Force out LONG
before Cybertron? Do you have anything useful to add? I mean REALLY. If
it was otherwise tell us, and where did you hear this?

Mathew

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes,alt.toys.transformers (More info?)

So where is the information that Nitro Convoy/Override was male
originally? It's NOT based on any Armada/Energon character.

Mathew

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes,alt.toys.transformers (More info?)

Really? That's very interesting. Do you know if he/she originally
concieved by Hasbro as Override or did he/she have a name back then?

Mathew

"Mathew" <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote in message
> So where is the information that Nitro Convoy/Override was male
> originally? It's NOT based on any Armada/Energon character.

Nowhere. It does not exist. Override was conceived as a female and Takara
voiced her as a male, named Nitro Convoy, for their show that aired first.

--
end

Nevermore

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Mathew wrote:
> Really? That's very interesting. Do you know if he/she originally
> concieved by Hasbro as Override or did he/she have a name back then?

Takara's working name for Override was "Speedracer". Hasbro hat
intended to name her "Override" from the get-go.