I can not change the power management option within user account. When I try to change it I get
access is denied message. It works within an administer account, but it only affects the administer
account not the user account. How can I get my power management option to work?

geder

GsD

Hi,
If you have XPSP2 then you can use powercfg utility to look at the power
settings and change them.
see:-
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324347
[same applicable for XPSP2]

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

geder s dorf wrote:
> I can not change the power management option within user account. When I try to change it I get
> access is denied message. It works within an administer account, but it only affects the administer
> account not the user account. How can I get my power management option to work?
>
> geder
>

> GsD

With powercfg I get that error
"An unexpected error condition has occurred. Unable to perform operation. You may not have
permission to perform this operation."

geder