Problems with MSI

projectilee

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
for some reason my pc is having troubles with microsoft installer, and im wondering if there is any other ways to fix this, other than doing a windows 7 os repair from disk, and if i do a repair will i lose data? like documents and downloads?

projectilee

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
i followed the link and no luck, thats vista though and im using windows 7, what option do i choose? at the repair menu? please reply thanks

projectilee

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
ok so i tryed this and it didnt work, i did system restore and checked for errors but im still having problems, is their a certain option i do during repair thanks?

vertical777

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
try and repair windows system files from the command prompt:

Start - type this in Search Box -> COMMAND find at top and RIGHT CLICK - RUN AS ADMIN

Enter this at the prompt - "sfc /scannow"
without quotes

restart

additionally your windows installer service might not be started:
a. Click On start; In the Start search, type Services.msc and Hit Enter.
b. Check if the entry Windows Installer's start up type is on Manual, otherwise right click on it >properties and set the start up type to manual then restart.

projectilee

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
i think my last resort is to do a fresh install of windows 7 from the disk, i dont really have much on my computer anyway, so thats my last resort

vertical777

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
honestly I'd rather have you reinstall windows, if windows installer doesn't work your current installation of windows might have much worse problems than what you're having.

don't forget to back up your files.

good luck.

projectilee

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
ok, so after all of this, i have reinstalled windows 7 and everyone is back to normal, thank you very much for the support all of you!