Basic Laptop $300-$500

Status
Not open for further replies.

moothemagiccow

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
I'm looking for a basic laptop, going to be used for internet, basic word processing, maybe a little Photoshop. I'm basically looking for a netbook with a DVD drive and a normal resolution (1024x768, 1280x768 couldnt hurt either).

This is for the lady. Basically I don't want a dud as she has one already. The one she has heats up and slows to a crawl at random. I'm looking for reliability and performance.

Would prefer not to have Vista, or to have more than 1GB RAM if Vista is installed. Also, it cannot be Toshiba. She paid over $2k for the tablet she was obligated to get for school and it has been nothing but trouble.

T H A N K S!

Sorry
1_What is your budget?
$300-500

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Bigger than a netbook.

3_What screen resolution do you want?
1024x768 at least

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable

5_How much battery life do you need?
2 hours or more

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
Using the internet, word processing, powerpoint, photo editing
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
at least 80GB, more would be great

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
n/a

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-4 years

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
It needs a DVD drive. DVDR not necessary but would be a plus.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I would prefer not to buy from Toshiba as we have a $2000 lemon from them already.

13_What country do you live in?
USA

Status
Not open for further replies.