How would I remove SuSE Linux on a dual boot system with xp

July 3, 2005 11:25:02 PM

Where can I find a tutorial to do it

Once you boot from the CD follow the instructions until you get to the part
where you see all the partitions on your hard drive.

Also I am refering to this guide

http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials/1/tutorial-20532.h...

I am going to completely uninstall SuSE Linux the reinstall is a dual boot
as a way of increaseing space

Also I found these too would they help but they look oudated and when I
remove Linux won't I have a huge space of blank space which I could merge
into XP

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/1999/03/tg_deinstall.html
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2002/09/fhas...stall_grub...

Also I don't have partition magic

Its a dual boot with Xp and Xp is the primary install with SuSE as second in
one hardrive
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:29:11 AM

All you need for an excellent eXPerience is to install Windows XP
on one partition. You do not need a sub-standard O/S such as Linux.

How to Remove Linux and Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3144­58

How to Remove the Linux LILO Boot Manager
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315224&Product=winxp

Clean Install Windows XP

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"cheetahman" <cheetahman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

| Where can I find a tutorial to do it
|
| Once you boot from the CD follow the instructions until you get to the part
| where you see all the partitions on your hard drive.
|
| Also I am refering to this guide
|
| http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials/1/tutorial-20532.h...
|

| I am going to completely uninstall SuSE Linux the reinstall is a dual boot
| as a way of increaseing space
|
| Also I found these too would they help but they look oudated and when I
| remove Linux won't I have a huge space of blank space which I could merge
| into XP
|
| http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/1999/03/tg_deinstall.html
| http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2002/09/fhas...stall_grub...
|
| Also I don't have partition magic
|
| Its a dual boot with Xp and Xp is the primary install with SuSE as second in
| one hardrive
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:29:12 AM

I am not going to remove SuSE I am just going to reinstall is a dual boot
plus xp is already installed.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> All you need for an excellent eXPerience is to install Windows XP
> on one partition. You do not need a sub-standard O/S such as Linux.
>
> How to Remove Linux and Install Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3144­58
>
> How to Remove the Linux LILO Boot Manager
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315224&Product=winxp
>
> Clean Install Windows XP
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "cheetahman" <cheetahman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> | Where can I find a tutorial to do it
> |
> | Once you boot from the CD follow the instructions until you get to the part
> | where you see all the partitions on your hard drive.
> |
> | Also I am refering to this guide
> |
> | http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials/1/tutorial-20532.h...
> |

> | I am going to completely uninstall SuSE Linux the reinstall is a dual boot
> | as a way of increaseing space
> |
> | Also I found these too would they help but they look oudated and when I
> | remove Linux won't I have a huge space of blank space which I could merge
> | into XP
> |
> | http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/1999/03/tg_deinstall.html
> | http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2002/09/fhas...stall_grub...
> |
> | Also I don't have partition magic
> |
> | Its a dual boot with Xp and Xp is the primary install with SuSE as second in
> | one hardrive

July 4, 2005 4:01:01 AM

You did give this advice in another post. Troll

Roberto come to http://www.linuxforums.org/ and post there also which linux
do you have

--
Peter

"cheetahman" <cheetahman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C884A26-787C-480C-AA83-1151CAA53E14@microsoft.com...
> I am not going to remove SuSE I am just going to reinstall is a dual boot
> plus xp is already installed.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > All you need for an excellent eXPerience is to install Windows XP
> > on one partition. You do not need a sub-standard O/S such as Linux.
> >
> > How to Remove Linux and Install Windows XP
> > http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3144­58
> >
> > How to Remove the Linux LILO Boot Manager
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315224&Product=winxp
> >
> > Clean Install Windows XP
> > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > Microsoft Newsgroups
> >
> > Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > "cheetahman" <cheetahman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > | Where can I find a tutorial to do it
> > |
> > | Once you boot from the CD follow the instructions until you get to the part
> > | where you see all the partitions on your hard drive.
> > |
> > | Also I am refering to this guide
> > |
> > | http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials/1/tutorial-20532.h...
> > |

> > | I am going to completely uninstall SuSE Linux the reinstall is a dual boot
> > | as a way of increaseing space
> > |
> > | Also I found these too would they help but they look oudated and when I
> > | remove Linux won't I have a huge space of blank space which I could merge
> > | into XP
> > |
> > | http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/1999/03/tg_deinstall.html
> > | http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2002/09/fhas...stall_grub...
> > |
> > | Also I don't have partition magic
> > |
> > | Its a dual boot with Xp and Xp is the primary install with SuSE as second in
> > | one hardrive

July 4, 2005 2:09:25 PM

> on one partition. You do not need a sub-standard O/S such as Linux.

Do the words narrow-minded, blinkers or proselytizing mean anything to you?
It is clear that you would be a nobody in life, since you don't acknowledge
the fact that competition could exist, or exists. Even an employee of MS
wouldn't dismiss Linux as 'a sub-standard OS'.
!