Hi there, has anyone had any issues with running games under XP64? I am
think ing about doing the exchange program but first downloaded and installed
the trial to a seperate HDD. I have installed all device drivers as all my
HW has 64 bit driver support. But when I run any games they all seem to be
in slow motion. Not just low frame rates as that is easy to tell apart. The
graphics are fine as is the sound and load times are perfrctly normal. In
game menus are fine as well but once the game is started then I just get this
slow motion. ALl the games run perfectly fine under XP32. One thing I have
done is install all games to a D: partition and not into the 32 bit program
files folder. Is this a necessary thing or wil lit not make any difference?

Any help you guys can provide would be really appreciated.

You would be better off asking this in the 64 bit newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Lord_Itchybum" <Lord_Itchybum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there, has anyone had any issues with running games under XP64? I am
> think ing about doing the exchange program but first downloaded and
> installed
> the trial to a seperate HDD. I have installed all device drivers as all
> my
> HW has 64 bit driver support. But when I run any games they all seem to
> be
> in slow motion. Not just low frame rates as that is easy to tell apart.
> The
> graphics are fine as is the sound and load times are perfrctly normal. In
> game menus are fine as well but once the game is started then I just get
> this
> slow motion. ALl the games run perfectly fine under XP32. One thing I
> have
> done is install all games to a D: partition and not into the 32 bit
> program
> files folder. Is this a necessary thing or wil lit not make any
> difference?
>
> Any help you guys can provide would be really appreciated.

Please visit the new Windows 64-bit newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Lord_Itchybum" wrote:

| Hi there, has anyone had any issues with running games under XP64? I am
| think ing about doing the exchange program but first downloaded and installed
| the trial to a seperate HDD. I have installed all device drivers as all my
| HW has 64 bit driver support. But when I run any games they all seem to be
| in slow motion. Not just low frame rates as that is easy to tell apart. The
| graphics are fine as is the sound and load times are perfrctly normal. In
| game menus are fine as well but once the game is started then I just get this
| slow motion. ALl the games run perfectly fine under XP32. One thing I have
| done is install all games to a D: partition and not into the 32 bit program
| files folder. Is this a necessary thing or wil lit not make any difference?
|
| Any help you guys can provide would be really appreciated.

On the contrary,games preform BETTER than under Windows XP 32.
Specific neswgroup for 64-bit:-

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Lord_Itchybum wrote:

> Hi there, has anyone had any issues with running games under XP64? I am
> think ing about doing the exchange program but first downloaded and installed
> the trial to a seperate HDD. I have installed all device drivers as all my
> HW has 64 bit driver support. But when I run any games they all seem to be
> in slow motion. Not just low frame rates as that is easy to tell apart. The
> graphics are fine as is the sound and load times are perfrctly normal. In
> game menus are fine as well but once the game is started then I just get this
> slow motion. ALl the games run perfectly fine under XP32. One thing I have
> done is install all games to a D: partition and not into the 32 bit program
> files folder. Is this a necessary thing or wil lit not make any difference?
>
> Any help you guys can provide would be really appreciated.

sc

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

This is an unfounded rumour as of now. Benchmarks have not suggested so.
The drivers haven't reached that level of refinement yet for Win x64, to be
able to actually take advantage of the extensions.

"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
> On the contrary,games preform BETTER than under Windows XP 32.
> Specific neswgroup for 64-bit:-
>

> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Lord_Itchybum wrote:
>
>> Hi there, has anyone had any issues with running games under XP64? I am
>> think ing about doing the exchange program but first downloaded and
>> installed the trial to a seperate HDD. I have installed all device
>> drivers as all my HW has 64 bit driver support. But when I run any games
>> they all seem to be in slow motion. Not just low frame rates as that is
>> easy to tell apart. The graphics are fine as is the sound and load times
>> are perfrctly normal. In game menus are fine as well but once the game
>> is started then I just get this slow motion. ALl the games run perfectly
>> fine under XP32. One thing I have done is install all games to a D:
>> partition and not into the 32 bit program files folder. Is this a
>> necessary thing or wil lit not make any difference? Any help you guys
>> can provide would be really appreciated.

I do agree that the drivers here play a key role,it seems the main
problem for Windows XP Pro x64 Edition is the availability of 64-bit
drivers, applications, and games,but if the game or application is x64
friendly then a few games perform better on 64bit.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP