windows changed and I can't change it back

can someone help me with this problem.... when i click on my c drive in my
computer it opens up a search dialouge. when i right click on my drive by
default instead of the word (open) being there i see the word (search).as
the first option instead of (open) how can I change this?
every time i double click on one of my drives it opens up the windows search
utility.even on my cd drive. Aside from that nothing will read automaticaly.
(it used to about 2 weeks ago but it has stopped and i don't know how or
why. my cd drive wont autorun any programs i insert even windows xp cd. 2
weeks i have been trying to fix this to no avail.
can anyone help pleaseeeeeee?
klid357@hush.com
1 answer Last reply
More about windows changed change back

    See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Search/Command Prompt Opens When Double Clicking a Folder.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "klid" <klid357@hush.com> wrote in message news:%23MxTRSEgFHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > can someone help me with this problem.... when i click on my c drive in my
    > computer it opens up a search dialouge. when i right click on my drive by
    > default instead of the word (open) being there i see the word (search).as
    > the first option instead of (open) how can I change this?
    > every time i double click on one of my drives it opens up the windows search
    > utility.even on my cd drive. Aside from that nothing will read automaticaly.
    > (it used to about 2 weeks ago but it has stopped and i don't know how or
    > why. my cd drive wont autorun any programs i insert even windows xp cd. 2
    > weeks i have been trying to fix this to no avail.
    > can anyone help pleaseeeeeee?
    > klid357@hush.com

Windows XP