windows changed and I can't change it back

can someone help me with this problem.... when i click on my c drive in my
computer it opens up a search dialouge. when i right click on my drive by
default instead of the word (open) being there i see the word (search).as
the first option instead of (open) how can I change this?
every time i double click on one of my drives it opens up the windows search
utility.even on my cd drive. Aside from that nothing will read automaticaly.
(it used to about 2 weeks ago but it has stopped and i don't know how or
why. my cd drive wont autorun any programs i insert even windows xp cd. 2
weeks i have been trying to fix this to no avail.
can anyone help pleaseeeeeee?
klid357@hush.com

See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Search/Command Prompt Opens When Double Clicking a Folder.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes