NTLDR is Missing in XP Pro sp2

Hello, I have XP Pro sp2 installed on my computer, it was put on about 3
months ago and has been very stable no problems at all. Great system. I
uninstalled Spy Bot Search and Destroy this evening using the add/remove
from the control panel and it said I needed to restart my computer to
complete the uninstall. I clicked OK and when the computer restarted it did
not go beyond the first screen (black) and down at the bottom it says "NTLDR
is Missing" Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. I do that and the same message
comes up on the first screen. As I said, before I uninstalled Spy Bot my
computer was running perfect no error messages nothing. I was uninstalling
Spy Bot to install the newer version of it 1.4. Thanks for any help or
advice. I have the XP Pro sp2 CD and it is registered and activated. I have
a second computer I am using to send this with and it has XP Pro sp2 on it
also.

Dan
3 answers Last reply
More about ntldr missing

    "john" <old@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I have XP Pro sp2 installed on my computer, it was put on about 3
    > months ago and has been very stable no problems at all. Great system. I
    > uninstalled Spy Bot Search and Destroy this evening using the add/remove
    > from the control panel and it said I needed to restart my computer to
    > complete the uninstall. I clicked OK and when the computer restarted it
    > did not go beyond the first screen (black) and down at the bottom it says
    > "NTLDR is Missing" Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. I do that and the same
    > message comes up on the first screen. As I said, before I uninstalled Spy
    > Bot my computer was running perfect no error messages nothing. I was
    > uninstalling Spy Bot to install the newer version of it 1.4. Thanks for
    > any help or advice. I have the XP Pro sp2 CD and it is registered and
    > activated. I have a second computer I am using to send this with and it
    > has XP Pro sp2 on it also.
    >
    > Dan

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkd_tro_bohs.asp

    Peter

    "john" <old@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uglsYqEgFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Hello, I have XP Pro sp2 installed on my computer, it was put on about 3
    > months ago and has been very stable no problems at all. Great system. I
    > uninstalled Spy Bot Search and Destroy this evening using the add/remove
    > from the control panel and it said I needed to restart my computer to
    > complete the uninstall. I clicked OK and when the computer restarted it did
    > not go beyond the first screen (black) and down at the bottom it says "NTLDR
    > is Missing" Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. I do that and the same message
    > comes up on the first screen. As I said, before I uninstalled Spy Bot my
    > computer was running perfect no error messages nothing. I was uninstalling
    > Spy Bot to install the newer version of it 1.4. Thanks for any help or
    > advice. I have the XP Pro sp2 CD and it is registered and activated. I have
    > a second computer I am using to send this with and it has XP Pro sp2 on it
    > also.
    >
    > Dan

    Thank you Peter and Alpha for the links and the very quick answer to the
    issue I have.

    Dan

    "john" <old@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I have XP Pro sp2 installed on my computer, it was put on about 3
    > months ago and has been very stable no problems at all. Great system. I
    > uninstalled Spy Bot Search and Destroy this evening using the add/remove
    > from the control panel and it said I needed to restart my computer to
    > complete the uninstall. I clicked OK and when the computer restarted it
    > did not go beyond the first screen (black) and down at the bottom it says
    > "NTLDR is Missing" Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. I do that and the same
    > message comes up on the first screen. As I said, before I uninstalled Spy
    > Bot my computer was running perfect no error messages nothing. I was
    > uninstalling Spy Bot to install the newer version of it 1.4. Thanks for
    > any help or advice. I have the XP Pro sp2 CD and it is registered and
    > activated. I have a second computer I am using to send this with and it
    > has XP Pro sp2 on it also.
    >
    > Dan

Computers Ntldr Windows XP