It is now safe to turn off your computer.

After reinstalling Windows XP Home Edition, I started recieving the message
"It is now safe to turn off your computer" I have read many Microsoft
articles about how to fix this problem, but none of them seemed to work.
There were also many good suggestions from these discussions, but again they
did not work.
I was wondering if I should reinstall Windows again, or somehow change the
"MPS Uniprocessor" back to an ACPI Uniprocessor"
(In the device manger under the computer icon)

To change the device manager entry, you need to reinstall Windows.
--
JonyBrv

"Kazmania" wrote:

> After reinstalling Windows XP Home Edition, I started recieving the message
> "It is now safe to turn off your computer" I have read many Microsoft
> articles about how to fix this problem, but none of them seemed to work.
> There were also many good suggestions from these discussions, but again they
> did not work.
> I was wondering if I should reinstall Windows again, or somehow change the
> "MPS Uniprocessor" back to an ACPI Uniprocessor"
> (In the device manger under the computer icon)

Thank-you for your help

"Jonybrv" wrote:

> To change the device manager entry, you need to reinstall Windows.
> --
> JonyBrv
>

> "Kazmania" wrote:
>
> > After reinstalling Windows XP Home Edition, I started recieving the message
> > "It is now safe to turn off your computer" I have read many Microsoft
> > articles about how to fix this problem, but none of them seemed to work.
> > There were also many good suggestions from these discussions, but again they
> > did not work.
> > I was wondering if I should reinstall Windows again, or somehow change the
> > "MPS Uniprocessor" back to an ACPI Uniprocessor"
> > (In the device manger under the computer icon)

You are welcome.
--
JonyBrv