connecting my computer to TV

rebel

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
I'm trying to figure out how to connect my computer to my TV. I think I'm making it much more complicated than it needs to be though. The situation is that the PC and the TV are in different rooms. Connecting the computer to the TV shouldn't be a problem is I buy a really long S-Video cable, but the problem is that the sound will still come out from the speakers that are in the computer room. I don't have room to move anything, so I was wondering if there exists such a cable that will connect the sound card to the TV's L/R audio connectors thats roughly about 50-100ft.

sturm

Splendid
get a 1/8 inch to RCA cable to run from the line out connection on the computer to the jacks on the back of the tv. I dont think they make the 1/8 adapters that long but you can just get a longer rca cable the should just plug right into the 1/8" adapter. Thats how I run mine.

lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
For what application or reason are you wanting to connect your PC to your tv?

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>