MN-700 and Macintosh computer (garbage)

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 6, 2004 2:29:56 PM

I just purchased an MN-700 router and my girlfriend has a
mac G4. I am connecting her computer on this router
utilizing normal ethernet cables, but her computer won't
connect to the internet. My old MN-500 worked fine with
it without any alteration to her internet settings. Is
there some difference in settings that do not allow a
macintosh to work with the MN-700?
July 6, 2004 5:57:05 PM

Have you made sure the MN-700 is connected to the Internet by checking
it on a different computer?

Bill wrote:

> I just purchased an MN-700 router and my girlfriend has a
> mac G4. I am connecting her computer on this router
> utilizing normal ethernet cables, but her computer won't
> connect to the internet. My old MN-500 worked fine with
> it without any alteration to her internet settings. Is
> there some difference in settings that do not allow a
> macintosh to work with the MN-700?
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 5:57:08 PM

It should work. I've had no problems with OS9.1 and higher or OS 10.1 and
higher with wired connections. Have you rebooted her computer recently?

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist