MN-700 and Macintosh computer (garbage)

I just purchased an MN-700 router and my girlfriend has a
mac G4. I am connecting her computer on this router
utilizing normal ethernet cables, but her computer won't
connect to the internet. My old MN-500 worked fine with
it without any alteration to her internet settings. Is
there some difference in settings that do not allow a
macintosh to work with the MN-700?
2 answers Last reply
More about macintosh computer garbage

    Have you made sure the MN-700 is connected to the Internet by checking
    it on a different computer?

    Bill wrote:

    > I just purchased an MN-700 router and my girlfriend has a
    > mac G4. I am connecting her computer on this router
    > utilizing normal ethernet cables, but her computer won't
    > connect to the internet. My old MN-500 worked fine with
    > it without any alteration to her internet settings. Is
    > there some difference in settings that do not allow a
    > macintosh to work with the MN-700?

    It should work. I've had no problems with OS9.1 and higher or OS 10.1 and
    higher with wired connections. Have you rebooted her computer recently?

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

Routers Computers Macintosh Networking