Ryan

I have a modern ibm laptop with xp pro sp 2. It boots up fine, but it takes
quite a few minutes to log on.

I already tried Msconfig.exe

I am a administrator.

have you recently installed a new anti-spyware or anti-virus program?

"Ryan" wrote:

> I have a modern ibm laptop with xp pro sp 2. It boots up fine, but it takes
> quite a few minutes to log on.
>
> I already tried Msconfig.exe
>
> I am a administrator.

Ryan

no. I've had microsoft anti-spyware for a dew months...

"Kazmania" wrote:

> have you recently installed a new anti-spyware or anti-virus program?
>
> "Ryan" wrote:
>
> > I have a modern ibm laptop with xp pro sp 2. It boots up fine, but it takes
> > quite a few minutes to log on.
> >
> > I already tried Msconfig.exe
> >
> > I am a administrator.

The problem you are describing sounds like a spyware problem.

Mabye you should try the free trial of "Webroot Spysweeper"

you can get the download from "www.download.com"
type spysweeper in the search bar.