Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

WordPad won't insert picture file from My Documents

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 2:57:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,
Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
WordPad ver 5.1
I get the error message:
"Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the system
registry."
When I try to:
Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
GULP!
System Registry?! Yipes.
Please, help.
--
Not all who wander are lost.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 3:19:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

What file did you select ? It's format ?

--
JonyBrv

"Perplexed''puterGeek" wrote:

> Hi,
> Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
> WordPad ver 5.1
> I get the error message:
> "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the system
> registry."
> When I try to:
> Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
> GULP!
> System Registry?! Yipes.
> Please, help.
> --
> Not all who wander are lost.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:29:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Failed to create object Make sure the application is entered in the system
registry
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalo...


--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:BD12EB45-4BFB-487F-9880-11506B96BB60@microsoft.com,
Perplexed''puterGeek <PerplexedputerGeek@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted
and pecked:
> Hi,
> Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
> WordPad ver 5.1
> I get the error message:
> "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the
> system registry."
> When I try to:
> Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
> GULP!
> System Registry?! Yipes.
> Please, help.
> --
> Not all who wander are lost.
Related resources
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 4:17:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Sorry I took so long.

I tried JPG, GIF, PNG, and BMPs.
I don't pretend to understand any of these formats but I tried all I could
find to see if any would work. None did.

If you respond, I promise there won't be such a long stretch of time
afterward this time. I'm much more attentive of my e-mail these days :) 

--Perplexed"puterGeek"
--
Not all who wander are lost.


"Jonybrv" wrote:

> What file did you select ? It's format ?
>
> --
> JonyBrv
>
> "Perplexed''puterGeek" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
> > WordPad ver 5.1
> > I get the error message:
> > "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the system
> > registry."
> > When I try to:
> > Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
> > GULP!
> > System Registry?! Yipes.
> > Please, help.
> > --
> > Not all who wander are lost.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 4:27:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I'm sorry, it didn't work.
Couldn't find an article that applied to WorkPad.
Thank you for trying.

--Perplexed"puterGeek"
--
Not all who wander are lost.


"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Failed to create object Make sure the application is entered in the system
> registry
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalo...
>
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:BD12EB45-4BFB-487F-9880-11506B96BB60@microsoft.com,
> Perplexed''puterGeek <PerplexedputerGeek@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted
> and pecked:
> > Hi,
> > Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
> > WordPad ver 5.1
> > I get the error message:
> > "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the
> > system registry."
> > When I try to:
> > Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
> > GULP!
> > System Registry?! Yipes.
> > Please, help.
> > --
> > Not all who wander are lost.
>
>
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 4:38:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Ooops
Spelling error in my response.
It's WordPad, not WorkPad.

--Perplexed"puterGeek"
--
Not all who wander are lost.


"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Failed to create object Make sure the application is entered in the system
> registry
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalo...
>
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:BD12EB45-4BFB-487F-9880-11506B96BB60@microsoft.com,
> Perplexed''puterGeek <PerplexedputerGeek@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted
> and pecked:
> > Hi,
> > Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
> > WordPad ver 5.1
> > I get the error message:
> > "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the
> > system registry."
> > When I try to:
> > Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
> > GULP!
> > System Registry?! Yipes.
> > Please, help.
> > --
> > Not all who wander are lost.
>
>
!