WordPad won't insert picture file from My Documents

Hi,
Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
WordPad ver 5.1
I get the error message:
"Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the system
registry."
When I try to:
Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
GULP!
System Registry?! Yipes.
Please, help.
--
Not all who wander are lost.
5 answers Last reply

    What file did you select ? It's format ?

    --
    JonyBrv

    http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&query=Failed+to+create+object+Make+sure+the+application+is+entered+in+the+system+registry&x=16&y=7

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:BD12EB45-4BFB-487F-9880-11506B96BB60@microsoft.com,
    Perplexed''puterGeek <PerplexedputerGeek@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted
    and pecked:
    > Hi,
    > Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
    > WordPad ver 5.1
    > I get the error message:
    > "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the
    > system registry."
    > When I try to:
    > Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
    > GULP!
    > System Registry?! Yipes.
    > Please, help.
    > --
    > Not all who wander are lost.

    Sorry I took so long.

    I tried JPG, GIF, PNG, and BMPs.
    I don't pretend to understand any of these formats but I tried all I could
    find to see if any would work. None did.

    If you respond, I promise there won't be such a long stretch of time
    afterward this time. I'm much more attentive of my e-mail these days :)

    --Perplexed"puterGeek"
    --
    Not all who wander are lost.

    "Jonybrv" wrote:

    > What file did you select ? It's format ?
    >
    > --
    > JonyBrv
    >
    > "Perplexed''puterGeek" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
    > > WordPad ver 5.1
    > > I get the error message:
    > > "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the system
    > > registry."
    > > When I try to:
    > > Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
    > > GULP!
    > > System Registry?! Yipes.
    > > Please, help.
    > > --
    > > Not all who wander are lost.

    I'm sorry, it didn't work.
    Couldn't find an article that applied to WorkPad.
    Thank you for trying.

    --Perplexed"puterGeek"
    --
    Not all who wander are lost.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Failed to create object Make sure the application is entered in the system
    > registry
    > http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&query=Failed+to+create+object+Make+sure+the+application+is+entered+in+the+system+registry&x=16&y=7
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:BD12EB45-4BFB-487F-9880-11506B96BB60@microsoft.com,
    > Perplexed''puterGeek <PerplexedputerGeek@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted
    > and pecked:
    > > Hi,
    > > Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
    > > WordPad ver 5.1
    > > I get the error message:
    > > "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the
    > > system registry."
    > > When I try to:
    > > Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
    > > GULP!
    > > System Registry?! Yipes.
    > > Please, help.
    > > --
    > > Not all who wander are lost.

    Ooops
    Spelling error in my response.
    It's WordPad, not WorkPad.

    --Perplexed"puterGeek"
    --
    Not all who wander are lost.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Failed to create object Make sure the application is entered in the system
    > registry
    > http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&query=Failed+to+create+object+Make+sure+the+application+is+entered+in+the+system+registry&x=16&y=7
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:BD12EB45-4BFB-487F-9880-11506B96BB60@microsoft.com,
    > Perplexed''puterGeek <PerplexedputerGeek@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted
    > and pecked:
    > > Hi,
    > > Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2
    > > WordPad ver 5.1
    > > I get the error message:
    > > "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the
    > > system registry."
    > > When I try to:
    > > Insert--Object...--Create from File--Browse...--(select file)--Open--OK
    > > GULP!
    > > System Registry?! Yipes.
    > > Please, help.
    > > --
    > > Not all who wander are lost.

Windows XP My Documents Microsoft Error Message Registry