SMTP service not send mail

Hi,

I try use "Persistent Port Forwarding" for using SMTP
service in W2YK, but all email save in "Queue" folder not
send!.

Please, one sample for SMTP Port Forwarding.

Thank

PTTK

I use PPPoE in Internet connection type and my MN-700 is
conected back to Arescom NetDSL 1000.

Thank

PTTK

joker

Are you trying to connect to the WAN IP address from behind the MN-700?

pttk wrote:

> I use PPPoE in Internet connection type and my MN-700 is
> conected back to Arescom NetDSL 1000.
>
> Thank
>
> PTTK

Sorry, but how?

my conections is PC(W2Yk)<->MN-700<->Arescom 1000<->DSL
(ISP)

Dynamic IP connected with PPPoE (in MN-700)

Thank

PTTK

joker

If your computer is configured to send SMTP to the WAN IP on the MN-700
it will not go to the server because the MN-700 doesn't support loop back.

pttk wrote:
> Sorry, but how?
>
> my conections is PC(W2Yk)<->MN-700<->Arescom 1000<->DSL
> (ISP)
>
> Dynamic IP connected with PPPoE (in MN-700)
>
> Thank
>
> PTTK

joker

Or are you saying you are trying to send an e-mail using your ISP?

joker wrote:

> If your computer is configured to send SMTP to the WAN IP on the MN-700
> it will not go to the server because the MN-700 doesn't support loop back.
>
> pttk wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but how?
>>
>> my conections is PC(W2Yk)<->MN-700<->Arescom 1000<->DSL (ISP)
>>
>> Dynamic IP connected with PPPoE (in MN-700)
>>
>> Thank
>>
>> PTTK

Yes I send email with external SMTP service without
problem, but I like use my SMTP service.

Thank again

PTTK

joker

so the SMTP server is behind the MN-700 as well as the computer trying
to connect to it then? If that is not the case please give details on
where the SMTP server is located, the MN-700, & computer trying to send
the e-mail. This of course is in reference to each other.

pttk wrote:

> Yes I send email with external SMTP service without
> problem, but I like use my SMTP service.
>
> Thank again
>
> PTTK

Thank

My SMTP server is conected to MN-700 (RJ-45) and use
local IP the my PC, and I try send email in my PC with
outlook express, now use ISP SMTP service without problem.

PC(W2Yk)<->MN-700<->Arescom 1000<-DSL (ISP)

The router DSL Arescom is conected to ISP

Thank again

PTTK

The router firewall only blocks incomming traffic, not
outgoing. This would be a problem only if other servers try
to contact you back for authentication.

Have you tried to remove the router and connect directly to
the modem? Does it work that way? Some ISP's block SMTP
traffic!

Otherwise, how do you specify the SMTP server on Outlook?
Are you using an IP? It won't work if you are using the
public WAN IP, as the MN700 does not support loopback
(you'll have to use the 192.168.2.x address instead). Also,
if you are using a domain (e.g. mail.mydomain.com) that
resolves back to the public IP, you'll run into same problem.

joker

To connect to the SMTP server from behind the firewall you don't need
any port forwarding. Just connect to the local IP address. This is
because the MN-700 doesn't have loopback support yet.

pttk wrote:

> Thank
>
> My SMTP server is conected to MN-700 (RJ-45) and use
> local IP the my PC, and I try send email in my PC with
> outlook express, now use ISP SMTP service without problem.
>
> PC(W2Yk)<->MN-700<->Arescom 1000<-DSL (ISP)
>
> The router DSL Arescom is conected to ISP
>
> Thank again
>
> PTTK

Thank

Ok, I wait for upgrade firmware