I'm looking to get a laptop which will mostly be used for programming - including graphics programming (so, DirectX, OpenGL, etc). I don't have an enormous budget, but I'm looking for something which has a fair bit of graphical competence. Does anyone have any suggestions as to either a laptop, or what components I should be looking for? Processor, graphics card, etc.
Q&A from FAQ:
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Not too big, not too small!
3. What screen resolution do you want?
High, possibly HD.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement really - it probably won't leave the house much.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not a whole lot.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No, but hopefully I'll be making them!
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
Internet browsing, graphics programming.
8. How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
Not a whole lot, 200GB would be plenty.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Many, many years ideally.
11. If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
As said above, graphical capabilities are a must.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
England, United Kingdom