Share USB printer

We have a PC running XP Prof connected to another running Win98SE;
connection via cross-over CAT5 RJ45 to NIC in each PC. Works fine.

However, the XP PC has a Lexmark USB printer connected. How to set it up to
be shared by the Win98SE PC? I've set the printer to Share, but when I go
to load its W98 drivers on the W98 PC, it "finds" it as a network printer,
but when the driver CD is loaded, it says no such printer is connected, and
terminates the installation.

Ideas?

Pemo

--
,-._|\
/ Oz \ Melbourne

    Don Kendrick

    "Pemo" wrote:

    > We have a PC running XP Prof connected to another running Win98SE;
    > connection via cross-over CAT5 RJ45 to NIC in each PC. Works fine.
    >
    > However, the XP PC has a Lexmark USB printer connected. How to set it up to
    > be shared by the Win98SE PC? I've set the printer to Share, but when I go
    > to load its W98 drivers on the W98 PC, it "finds" it as a network printer,
    > but when the driver CD is loaded, it says no such printer is connected, and
    > terminates the installation.
    >
    > Ideas?
    >
    > Pemo
    >
    > --
    > ,-._|\
    > / Oz \ Melbourne
    > \_,--.x/ Australia
    >

    > Ensure file and print sharing is set for both OS's. rename your printer in the printer folder example:office printer. click start, run then type \\office printer this should locate the printer on the network

    Make sure the "Share As" name is short and sweet. ( 13 char or less and
    no spaces or funny stuff :-) )

    Pemo wrote:

    > We have a PC running XP Prof connected to another running Win98SE;
    > connection via cross-over CAT5 RJ45 to NIC in each PC. Works fine.
    >
    > However, the XP PC has a Lexmark USB printer connected. How to set it up to
    > be shared by the Win98SE PC? I've set the printer to Share, but when I go
    > to load its W98 drivers on the W98 PC, it "finds" it as a network printer,
    > but when the driver CD is loaded, it says no such printer is connected, and
    > terminates the installation.
    >
    > Ideas?
    >
    > Pemo

Printers USB Windows XP