Share USB printer

July 5, 2005 2:03:45 AM

We have a PC running XP Prof connected to another running Win98SE;
connection via cross-over CAT5 RJ45 to NIC in each PC. Works fine.

However, the XP PC has a Lexmark USB printer connected. How to set it up to
be shared by the Win98SE PC? I've set the printer to Share, but when I go
to load its W98 drivers on the W98 PC, it "finds" it as a network printer,
but when the driver CD is loaded, it says no such printer is connected, and
terminates the installation.

Ideas?

Pemo

--
,-._|\
/ Oz \ Melbourne

More about : share usb printer

July 5, 2005 2:03:46 AM

Don Kendrick

"Pemo" wrote:

> We have a PC running XP Prof connected to another running Win98SE;
> connection via cross-over CAT5 RJ45 to NIC in each PC. Works fine.
>
> However, the XP PC has a Lexmark USB printer connected. How to set it up to
> be shared by the Win98SE PC? I've set the printer to Share, but when I go
> to load its W98 drivers on the W98 PC, it "finds" it as a network printer,
> but when the driver CD is loaded, it says no such printer is connected, and
> terminates the installation.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Pemo
>
> --
> ,-._|\
> / Oz \ Melbourne
> \_,--.x/ Australia
>

> Ensure file and print sharing is set for both OS's. rename your printer in the printer folder example:o ffice printer. click start, run then type \\office printer this should locate the printer on the network
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 5:52:54 PM

Make sure the "Share As" name is short and sweet. ( 13 char or less and
no spaces or funny stuff :-) )

!