Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Mac OS 9.1 synch with Palm?

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 3:38:42 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Is there a way to synch a Palm (T3, OS 5.x) using Mac OS 9.1?
I thought it wasn't possible but have noticed a reference to it.
How is it done?

Thanks,
Fletcher V

More about : mac synch palm

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 7:28:53 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Fletcher V <spambot@westmauimassage.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to synch a Palm (T3, OS 5.x) using Mac OS 9.1?
> I thought it wasn't possible but have noticed a reference to it.
> How is it done?

It's done the same way you do it using any other supported OS. Install
the Palm Desktop software, connect the cradle, put the Palm in the cradle,
and press the HotSync button.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 4:12:30 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <spambot-9059FF.13384208092004@orngca-news04.socal.rr.com>,
Fletcher V <spambot@westmauimassage.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to synch a Palm (T3, OS 5.x) using Mac OS 9.1?
>I thought it wasn't possible but have noticed a reference to it.
>How is it done?
>
>Thanks,
>Fletcher V

I am using Palm Desktop 2.6.3 on my Mac OS 9.1 to sync with a Palm III and
a Tungsten E, no problems encountered, of course, I cannot sync photos
with Palm Desktop 2.6.3.

I tried Palm Desktop 4 on my OS 9, total catastrophe for my AvantGo
conduit. It takes me several hours to restore to the version 2.6.3. Happy
with the old version of Palm Desktop with Tungsten E.

--
Tao Tong
Related resources
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 11:24:39 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <tongtao_98-1009040012300001@192.168.0.3>, tongtao_98@yahoo.com
(Tao Tong) wrote:

> I tried Palm Desktop 4 on my OS 9, total catastrophe for my AvantGo
> conduit. It takes me several hours to restore to the version 2.6.3. Happy
> with the old version of Palm Desktop with Tungsten E.

Palm Desktop 4.1, which comes with the Tungsten E, runs with no problems
on Mac OS 9.1. I run it.

The problem you had is almost definitely due to AvantGo, which doesn't
seem very well-written to me ...
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 2:03:25 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Thanks -

When I tried the CD that came with my T3, I was convinced that the
software on it would only work on PC's or on OSX. I have it running now.

I seem unable to do documents to go, though, which is a bummer.

And I'm not sure what mail programs will transfer for me now. :( 

Fletcher V


In article <aranders-0809042228530001@192.168.1.102>,
aranders@insightbb.com (Alan Anderson) wrote:

> Fletcher V <spambot@westmauimassage.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to synch a Palm (T3, OS 5.x) using Mac OS 9.1?
> > I thought it wasn't possible but have noticed a reference to it.
> > How is it done?
>
> It's done the same way you do it using any other supported OS. Install
> the Palm Desktop software, connect the cradle, put the Palm in the cradle,
> and press the HotSync button.
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 10:31:56 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article
<askifyouresointerested-93566F.12045010092004@orngca-news03.socal.rr.com>,
Fletcher <askifyouresointerested@a.b> wrote:

> Thanks -
>
> When I tried the CD that came with my T3, I was convinced that the
> software on it would only work on PC's or on OSX. I have it running now.
>
> I seem unable to do documents to go, though, which is a bummer.
>
> And I'm not sure what mail programs will transfer for me now. :( 

Read the "manual"?

You may need an upgrade. What version of Docs to Go do you have? Check
www.support.dataviz.com
!