CMI Error...

Every time I start up my computer a error reads "Error loading cmicnfg.cpl
The specified module could not be found". If anyone has any ideas, please
advise. It doesn't seem to have affected anything so far. I have XPSP2 with
Avance97 sound card if that helps.
Cheers,
Lil...
4 answers Last reply
More about error

    cmicnfg.cpl is a process belonging to C-Media based soundcards which is
    initiated upton startup to configure this audio hardware's control panel
    applet.
    http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/cmicnfg/

    Error loading cmicnfg.cpl -- SOLUTION HERE!
    http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread25517.html

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:D1D495F9-615C-403C-9A75-53DDCDB9C822@microsoft.com,
    Little Lil <lfisk01@dodo.com.au> hunted and pecked:
    > Every time I start up my computer a error reads "Error loading cmicnfg.cpl
    > The specified module could not be found". If anyone has any ideas, please
    > advise. It doesn't seem to have affected anything so far. I have XPSP2
    > with Avance97 sound card if that helps.
    > Cheers,
    > Lil...

    Hi,

    Go to Start/Search and type in: *.cpl
    Scroll down to the cpl in question, right click, delete.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Little Lil" <lfisk01@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Every time I start up my computer a error reads "Error loading cmicnfg.cpl
    > The specified module could not be found". If anyone has any ideas, please
    > advise. It doesn't seem to have affected anything so far. I have XPSP2
    > with
    > Avance97 sound card if that helps.
    > Cheers,
    > Lil...

    Wes -Worked a treat.

    Cheers,

    Lil...

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > cmicnfg.cpl is a process belonging to C-Media based soundcards which is
    > initiated upton startup to configure this audio hardware's control panel
    > applet.
    > http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/cmicnfg/
    >
    > Error loading cmicnfg.cpl -- SOLUTION HERE!
    > http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread25517.html
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:D1D495F9-615C-403C-9A75-53DDCDB9C822@microsoft.com,
    > Little Lil <lfisk01@dodo.com.au> hunted and pecked:
    > > Every time I start up my computer a error reads "Error loading cmicnfg.cpl
    > > The specified module could not be found". If anyone has any ideas, please
    > > advise. It doesn't seem to have affected anything so far. I have XPSP2
    > > with Avance97 sound card if that helps.
    > > Cheers,
    > > Lil...

    Glad to hearit, Lil. Keep having fun.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:29A6F23D-94E0-451C-A154-A3C5FE31599B@microsoft.com,
    Little Lil <lfisk01@dodo.com.au> hunted and pecked:
    > Wes -Worked a treat.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Lil...
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> cmicnfg.cpl is a process belonging to C-Media based soundcards which is
    >> initiated upton startup to configure this audio hardware's control panel
    >> applet.
    >> http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/cmicnfg/
    >>
    >> Error loading cmicnfg.cpl -- SOLUTION HERE!
    >> http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread25517.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:D1D495F9-615C-403C-9A75-53DDCDB9C822@microsoft.com,
    >> Little Lil <lfisk01@dodo.com.au> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Every time I start up my computer a error reads "Error loading
    >>> cmicnfg.cpl The specified module could not be found". If anyone has
    >>> any ideas, please advise. It doesn't seem to have affected anything so
    >>> far. I have XPSP2 with Avance97 sound card if that helps.
    >>> Cheers,

Computers Microsoft Sound Cards Windows XP