CMI Error...

July 4, 2005 10:50:03 AM

Every time I start up my computer a error reads "Error loading cmicnfg.cpl
The specified module could not be found". If anyone has any ideas, please
advise. It doesn't seem to have affected anything so far. I have XPSP2 with
Avance97 sound card if that helps.
Cheers,
Lil...

More about : cmi error

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 12:19:21 PM

cmicnfg.cpl is a process belonging to C-Media based soundcards which is
initiated upton startup to configure this audio hardware's control panel
applet.
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/cmicnfg/

Error loading cmicnfg.cpl -- SOLUTION HERE!
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread25517.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D 1D495F9-615C-403C-9A75-53DDCDB9C822@microsoft.com,
Little Lil <lfisk01@dodo.com.au> hunted and pecked:
> Every time I start up my computer a error reads "Error loading cmicnfg.cpl
> The specified module could not be found". If anyone has any ideas, please
> advise. It doesn't seem to have affected anything so far. I have XPSP2
> with Avance97 sound card if that helps.
> Cheers,
> Lil...
July 5, 2005 4:57:54 AM

Hi,

Go to Start/Search and type in: *.cpl
Scroll down to the cpl in question, right click, delete.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Little Lil" <lfisk01@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
news:D 1D495F9-615C-403C-9A75-53DDCDB9C822@microsoft.com...
> Every time I start up my computer a error reads "Error loading cmicnfg.cpl
> The specified module could not be found". If anyone has any ideas, please
> advise. It doesn't seem to have affected anything so far. I have XPSP2
> with
> Avance97 sound card if that helps.
> Cheers,
> Lil...
July 6, 2005 11:29:02 AM

Wes -Worked a treat.

Cheers,

Lil...

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> cmicnfg.cpl is a process belonging to C-Media based soundcards which is
> initiated upton startup to configure this audio hardware's control panel
> applet.
> http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/cmicnfg/
>
> Error loading cmicnfg.cpl -- SOLUTION HERE!
> http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread25517.html
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:D 1D495F9-615C-403C-9A75-53DDCDB9C822@microsoft.com,
> Little Lil <lfisk01@dodo.com.au> hunted and pecked:
> > Every time I start up my computer a error reads "Error loading cmicnfg.cpl
> > The specified module could not be found". If anyone has any ideas, please
> > advise. It doesn't seem to have affected anything so far. I have XPSP2
> > with Avance97 sound card if that helps.
> > Cheers,
> > Lil...

Anonymous