Windows XP Reinstall with Wireless Keyboard

bill

Is it impossible to do a clean reinstall of Win XP with a wireless keyboard
and mouse?

I can boot to BIOS and edit my BIOS with my wireless keyboard, but I can't
when I boot to the Windows install disk.

Is there a work-around, other than pulling out my old keyboard and mouse?

Thanks,
Bill

Malke

Bill wrote:

> Is it impossible to do a clean reinstall of Win XP with a wireless
> keyboard and mouse?
>
> I can boot to BIOS and edit my BIOS with my wireless keyboard, but I
> can't when I boot to the Windows install disk.
>
> Is there a work-around, other than pulling out my old keyboard and
> mouse?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Pull out your old keyboard and mouse and attach them to your computer.
This is the work of a moment. Then when you've installed Windows,
install your wireless keyboard and mouse per the mftr.'s instructions.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Hi, Bill.

Malke's advice should work. I've reinstalled WinXP (several versions) many
times, using my Microsoft Wireless Desktop. The little receiver plugs into
the PS/2 keyboard and mouse connectors on the computer case. I don't recall
what installation steps I had to go through when I first got the wireless
set. Even before Windows starts to load, I can use the keys to enter CMOS
or to select a different boot device for this session. And I can use them
just fine when booting from any of several WinXP CD-ROMs; whatever drivers
might be needed apparently are on the CD.

What make and model computer (or motherboard, if you built it yourself) do
you have? If your computer came with WinXP pre-installed, your install CD
may be less than a full copy of WinXP. Have you been able to use this CD
with this keyboard in the past? (I'm sure you've already checked the
obvious stuff like batteries and the "Connect" buttons.)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
> Is it impossible to do a clean reinstall of Win XP with a wireless
> keyboard and mouse?
>
> I can boot to BIOS and edit my BIOS with my wireless keyboard, but I can't
> when I boot to the Windows install disk.
>
> Is there a work-around, other than pulling out my old keyboard and mouse?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

bill

My motherboard is a MSI K7N2 Delta-L, my Windows is XP PRO. My Keyboard and
Mouse are Microsoft and their batteries are fully charged.

Like you I can boot to BIOS and the keyboard and mouse work fine. So I was
puzzled to learn that they don't work when I boot to the Windows install
disk.

I saved my old keyboard and mouse.....glad I did.

Thanks,
Bill