$REWARD$ Gateway Profile 5 power supply needed

Fucko_Loveskin

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2004
$REWARD$ For any help in finding me a gateway profile 5 19" 512mb 2.8/3.0 Ghz power supply. I am serious, I will reward you with cash or ? It's for my friend's pc and i've ruined it. time is of the essence as he will be returning home from vacation around mid- to late september

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I repair power supplies, if you're interested in having me attempt such a repair. Truthfully, I'd just get a tower, board, power supply, and monitor. But I have a Profile monitor here that works fine connected to a different computer, so that might be an option as well.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Fucko_Loveskin

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2004
I have a friend who headed up panasonics serv. dept. fur u.s. he rigged up the exact specs needed and the pc would turn on for 1/2 a sec or one and then cut off, everytime. he thought perhaps thewre was some kind of signal letting the pc know that the power supply was officially gateway. But then you say you've got a profile 5 running on something other than a gateway pc! Is this possible, please enlighten me Crashman

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have a gutted Profile 1 serving as a monitor for one of the kid's systems. The power cord connection splits into 2 pathways, where the monitor and computer power are separate. And the monitor was connected to the motherboard using a VGA cable at the central disconnect, so I simply added a cable extender and ran the monitor off another computer. The monitor is self powered, it turns on when it receives a signal on VGA. And the power button only controled the computer so now it does nothing.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>