Mouse Freezing

AntiHax0r

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
Ok I have an mx518 mouse and just recently it starts freezing randomly, the led stays lit but no tracking or buttons work... all I have to do is unplug and replug it into the USB and it works again (but that gets really annoying.. especially during FPS) The lenses are clean .. dusted it with compressed air and it cant be my pad since I've used this for the whole time since I bought this.

I've tried reinstalling drivers for the mouse and using generic drivers. (still freezes)

I've also tried adjusting the hardware acceleration, it alleviates the problem a little but still freezes. Due to this I assumed it was the video card drivers (used cat5.4 for like year) so I d/led catuninstaller and reinstalled my Omega Cat5.4 .. this fixed or kept it from freezing as much for about 2weeks .. until I installed newer drivers Omega Cat6.9

I've tried reinstalling the video drivers and no luck.. I'm thinking I might need to replace this mouse..

Any other suggestions?

DerUberminch

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2005
I am having the same issue even after replacing the mouse. When the mouse freezes, I can either unplug and reconnect it, or I can just press a button on my game controller (any button) and it frees up my mouse. None of my other USB devises seem to be having issues. I would really appreciate some help as its irritating enough in general use and is driving me nuts when I play my RTSs

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
try http://majorgeeks.com/EVEREST_Free_Edition_d4181.html

test the wire. bend the mouse cord to the left and right up and down see if it stopps responding.
Can you test your mouse on a different computer?
your optical lens on the underside of the mouse might have gotten dirty or cloudy. To clean, you get good optical cleaner and a cotton swab
Make sure to blow-dry (with canned air) that optical recess out. freezing is caused by something as small as a hair lodged in the optical recess. The hair refracts or obstructs the focused LED enough that the optical lens gets light scatter, and the mouse freaks out
maybe faulty mouse
maybe virus
maybe give me more computer specs to work with like power sup wattage :)