Fallacy of Dawn--Help Please

This is a request for help in the IF Fallacy of Dawn. Someone really
should make a walkthrough.

OK, I'm in the sushi bar, broke, at maximum health and ree. I am
carrying a quarter, a token dispenser, and an empty pillcase. I
blacked out for some reason while talking to Clara (probably because I
ran out of ree, but I had a pill so it's OK.)

Anyway, the thing is: I can't get past Johnny Dapper. I think it's
been established that I'm screwed if he recognizes me, so I need to
escape beforehand. Hints please?
10 answers Last reply
More about fallacy dawn help please
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    I am stupid. I forgot to talk to Porn and Clara before asking for
    help. I'll post here again if I get stuck again. Sorry!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    'k, now I really need help. In the building I was taken to after
    entering the pawnshop, I have talked to N***, knocked out the guard,
    talked to Billy, and retrieved my gun. How do I proceed from here?
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    I am mad. It's not that this thread hasn't been replied to yet. It's
    that it's RIGHT ON THE GODDAMN FRONT PAGE and apparently nobody has
    seen it yet.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    captain_cube132@yahoo.com (Pika132) wrote in message news:<f2685273.0405100829.4e249777@posting.google.com>...
    > I am mad. It's not that this thread hasn't been replied to yet. It's
    > that it's RIGHT ON THE GODDAMN FRONT PAGE and apparently nobody has
    > seen it yet.

    No need to yell. It's been seen. Apparently no one has the answer or
    has time to write back, though. (I've played the game, but I remember
    the endgame sequence being pretty finicky and so I don't recall
    exactly how to get through all of it.)

    You may need to email the author directly -- though authors also may
    take a few days to answer their email, or not be willing to give hints
    at all. But it's often worth a try. Another thing to try is
    searching google's archives for Fallacy hints and seeing whether your
    question is answered there already.

    Assuming you find out the answer, you could even make a walkthrough
    yourself, for the sake of posterity.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    captain_cube132@yahoo.com (Pika132) wrote:

    >I am mad. It's not that this thread hasn't been replied to yet. It's
    >that it's RIGHT ON THE GODDAMN FRONT PAGE and apparently nobody has
    >seen it yet.

    (It is NOT EXACTLY ON THE GODDAMN FRONT PAGE in my newsreader,
    probably because my newsreader doesn't have a front page, goddamn or
    otherwise.) ;)

    I've read your messages, but I haven't played Fallacy of Dawn yet,
    so I can't help you, sorry. And probably other people too.

    --
    Sophie Frühling

    "El arte no viste pantalones."
    -- Rubén Darío
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    In article <f2685273.0405061904.3669848f@posting.google.com>,
    Pika132 <captain_cube132@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >'k, now I really need help. In the building I was taken to after
    >entering the pawnshop, I have talked to N***, knocked out the guard,
    >talked to Billy, and retrieved my gun. How do I proceed from here?

    You shoot a bunch of people and a bunch of furniture.

    Adam
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    emshort@mindspring.com (emshort@mindspring.com) wrote in message news:<a69830de.0405101530.3da97720@posting.google.com>...
    > captain_cube132@yahoo.com (Pika132) wrote in message news:<f2685273.0405100829.4e249777@posting.google.com>...
    > > I am mad. It's not that this thread hasn't been replied to yet. It's
    > > that it's RIGHT ON THE GODDAMN FRONT PAGE and apparently nobody has
    > > seen it yet.
    >
    > No need to yell. It's been seen. Apparently no one has the answer or
    > has time to write back, though. (I've played the game, but I remember
    > the endgame sequence being pretty finicky and so I don't recall
    > exactly how to get through all of it.)
    >
    > You may need to email the author directly -- though authors also may
    > take a few days to answer their email, or not be willing to give hints
    > at all. But it's often worth a try. Another thing to try is
    > searching google's archives for Fallacy hints and seeing whether your
    > question is answered there already.
    >
    > Assuming you find out the answer, you could even make a walkthrough
    > yourself, for the sake of posterity.

    I have searched for Fallacy of Dawn hints and got no help. Thank you
    for the suggestion, though.

    I am considering writing a solution for the game, but I haven't done
    everything yet (haven't even beaten it, as you could probably tell)
    and I have no idea where I'd post it anyway.

    Also, if my memory serves me, you were the one who charged this game
    with a lack of detail. I disagree, it seems to me like there's
    slightly excessive amounts of atmosphere in certain places.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Yes, which is why I said "Assuming you find out the answer..." :)

    > and I have no idea where I'd post it anyway.

    Ah! Well, you could upload it to the ifarchive, to be added to the
    large number of walkthroughs and hint files stored in the solutions
    directory.

    > Also, if my memory serves me, you were the one who charged this game
    > with a lack of detail. I disagree, it seems to me like there's
    > slightly excessive amounts of atmosphere in certain places.

    What I said, I believe, was that the implementation didn't show enough
    attention to detail -- and given the number of weird behaviors and
    bug-like things I ran into while playing it, I stand by that
    assessment. That doesn't mean that any given portion of the game was
    too bland or undercharacterized, just that the programming thereof
    could have been more consistent.
  9. i've only just started playing this game, and hope there are still people around that can help me!
    i'm stuck on the second puzzle, i've just rendered the clerk inactive at academy video but i can't open the register. WHAT DO I DO NOW!!
  10. If anyone's playing the game now and is looking for help,a walkthrough's been written: http://ifarchive.org/if-archive/solutions/fallacy_of_dawn.txt

Games Video Games